new wood puller.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wimpy little tongue-hitch won'tlast long rest looks pretty good sure dropped the ball on the tongue though

Tire chains will not stop the side ways sliding even with a ton of weight on the axels. Just to much torque unless you are trying to pull stuff you could hand carry. You will need some type of out rigger that will dig in and stop the sliding. Looks fine for a straight pull and even slight angle around 5 degrees.

I also do not like the clevis hook for the cable, a slip hook would be much better.

:D Al

Tire chains will not stop the side ways sliding even with a ton of weight on the axels. Just to much torque unless you are trying to pull stuff you could hand carry. You will need some type of out rigger that will dig in and stop the sliding. Looks fine for a straight pull and even slight angle around 5 degrees.

I also do not like the clevis hook for the cable, a slip hook would be much better.

the chokers are small, so on some of the larger tree butt's I will be using a chain for choking . the grab hook works best for chain without having to loop the chain end and coming undone.

Put a pintel hitch on that thing. A ball hitch it not made to handle the amount of load you are putting on it, especially the direction at which the load is going to be applied.

I'd definitely go with a lunette ring too. That tools and more place just north of Baxter on 371 has them pretty reasonably priced btw. West side of the road with all the trailers for sale.

the 2 side boxes on the dump are already full with stuff I need and never use, so another hitch isn't in my work order of more junk to get and not use. all three trucks are set up with "balls of steel up to 2.5/16" 10,000 pounders but I do have a hook for the receiver that's rusted from no use ? lol every year when the sil comes home from the pipe line (forman) he brings half a truck load of hitches', clevis's you name it I have it!!1 straps, slings too much stuff!

you wont hand load/hand carry logs of this caliber, unless your name is paul bunyan or Arnold "I'll be bock"....

Attachments

• IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6764.JPG
    IMG_6764.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
He just cut it 2" above the dirt line so the flare make's 'em look good for the camera. :p

J/K Dave! That's some nice wood, even with all the dirt on it. :surprised3: :D
you are close jim, most were cut as low as I could get the 390xp to the ground and then knocked off the rough edges!! lol earlier this winter during the mud when cuttings fun??? not!

still cold as heck here so started in to the extension to the pulled. insert of 2.1/2x2.1/2x1/4 for the bracing on the two halves. drilled on both sides of the joint to couple the 3x3x3/16 tubes holding it all together with 4" x5/8 grade 5 bolts. rather then weld the couple together I decided to go with bolts in case I need to refurbish parts of it! have to exchange axels as the seats are different widths? (year I am guessing) for the same fit. oh well? still can work on the tongue for the beef up from that great piece of junk I tried it out with ! lol 3x4x3/16 should do the trick.... waiting for the camera battery to recharge for some pic's that I will post later tonight. day light is fading fast!!

few more pic's some are dark and that is the back side of the addition. after I get the other axel mounted the extra 3x3 tube will be 45* degreed an squared for a back resting frame for the logs.... the whole unit will be 138' long from hitch to log rest.sorry about the dark pic's!!IMG_6837.JPG IMG_6838.JPG IMG_6839.JPG IMG_6840.JPG IMG_6841.JPG IMG_6837.JPG IMG_6838.JPG IMG_6839.JPG IMG_6840.JPG IMG_6841.JPG

Latest posts

Back