Newbie, Porting Jonsered CS 2147WH (346XPG OE), Help needed!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know that there have been threads on the subject, but they are well enough old that there are no pictures, and I have not found the threads.
I am a novice in this field, the closest I have come modification of chainsaws are simple things such as MM and removal of the base package, so this will be my first porting:)

I have many questions that I hoped I could get guidance, is thankfulness for all the tips and ideas.

Removal of base gasket, tolerance is 0.020 ". Gasket Cement: Loctite 5399, this good enough in quality?

Low transfer, I see that many people choose to put low tranfer to the base when it comes NE, this same procedure on OE?
Then I thought to round the edges at low tranfer ports.
High transfer I do not intend to do anything.

Over too the porting of exhaust and intake. Is around 60% of the diameter spempel the recommended maximum width of the intake, exhaust ducts?
I will also dremle exhaust so that it matches the exhaust gasket.

Carburetor I have obtained is Zama EL-42, but is Walbro HDA-190, 199, a better choice?
Intake Manifold: original 346 (also 357 but it seems to be slightly out of dimension compared with 346 manifold).

For the moment I have not timing degree wheel, will not come until about two weeks time, the same also applies snap on compression tests and fast tach.

Finally, thank you for your input

Back