newbie question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lugnutz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok I just started cutting on a regular basis this fall and before I had never even went to my back up chain that came with the saw. Now I'm using it enuff that I need to sharpen ( my dad has an electric and does the work for me ) my chain more often. I've seen the rigs that clamp to your bar so you can work on the chain in the field. I was interested in something like that, I think you can get a better job done with a file over the electric set up. Are those clamp on rigs worth anything?

Second question: On Oregon's website it gives the angles and file sizes needed for their different chains. I've been looking at Woodland Pro chains and I have yet to see a guide for sharpening their chains. Does one exist or should I get the settings off of a new chain before I ever put it on the saw?

Thanks for your patience

Hey lug...need to post this in the chainsaw forum...the guys here know how to sharpen chains...kinda' like Ferrari knows how to make sports cars...:)

Back