NewHolland skidsteer W/tracks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own an ASV,,,please tell me where to look in the manuel to see where they tell me NOT to use in extreme uses. Never heard of that. As a matter of fact ,,before i bought the ASV,,I called the bobcat dealer here and he SAID their tracks would not do well at all on the street,,,where the ASV manufacturer told me that they would do well............and they have. I use it on the street and off,,,,like alot of people do.

i feel that last comment is totally wrong, i have 3 asv 4500's and i put them through the most extream forestry abuse i could and my machines handle it all with no questions asked. weather its running a brush mower or skidding logs. asv was the originator of track machines, all other companies are copy cats.. you want a real loader, look into the rc100...even rayco, witch is designed for forestry are JUNK..read any listing for a 2005 rayco loader forsale, they all say new engine, or rebuilt. the only other loader other then asv i would even consiter looking at is the T300. possibly the cat 280 if they would junk the cat controls and put bobcat controls on it

Bobcat

Check out the bobcat. I think they might even have 0% which is how I got my T 200

DO NOT BUY A CAT OR ASV. They are not designed for extreme use and the tracks fall apart. It even says so in their manual. Bobcat, JD, NH are the best ones for "creek bottoms" and wooded areas.

I'm an ASV owner and read through my manual. Nothing about "extreme use" (What is "extreme use" anyway?). And what leads you to believe that the tracks "fall apart"? Why would a Bobcat, JD, and NH (I assume that you are talking about track loaders) outperform an ASV or CAT? They are all good companies with good machines. Any track loader performs well in creek bottoms and wooded areas. Any skidsteer will probably get stuck in these conditions. No offense, but your comments are vague and don't make any sense.

I am an ASV owner. There is nothing second rate about this or the Cat machines. The ASV undercarriage used on the ASV & Cat machines is most excellent under any conditions favoring the use of rubber tracks. Furthermore the ASV will swim where others will sink. Order the demo videos from ASV (asvi.com) and see for yourself. Demo the different brands and see for yourself. There are many excellent machines available in the marketplace today and one of these will be the best suited for an individuals application. Enjoy the process!

Great purchase! Used in extreme conditions all the time with no problems so far, around 2000 hrs, multiple operators. This dog will hunt!

Ruffled feathers

Have you seen what 57 stone does to an ASV track system? They are classified as Multi-terrain loaders. Sand, Dirt, and Street, Yes they are great machines. But as far as tracked machines go they will not handle the abuse that a bobcat or NH willl. I have seen it, done it. Whenever they are in rocks and you turn, it collects them up and chips away at the rubber coated rollers. While these are great machines for grading and such, They just are not as tough. And as most of us in here know, Tree guys are notoriously rough on equipment. Everything we own is continuously pushed to the limit. Overloaded S/A dump trucks, daily. Chippers constantly eating their max. Skid steers being used like full on skidders and wheel loaders. It is what we do. I used to work for a concrete company, they had two CAT 257s, when it came time to buy another machine. It was a tracked John Deere. The year prior to that, they spent $9000 or track rehab on a CAT machine with 500 hrs, Yet the John Deere has had no problems to date and is beyond that mark buy far.

I find it interesting how many people claim that certain machines are junk. I will admit that there is some junk out there but, when a machine is used for a purpose other than what it was built for they aren't necessarily junk. It also depends ALOT on the operator and how he uses it. I maintain a fleet of trucks and it is funny how one operator has more break downs than the rest do. This is on 3 different trucks.
You have to buy what is right for you and what your intended purpose is.
I myself am fan of Deere, I worked for a dealer for a few years and was impressed with the company.
I have run Gehl,New Holland,Bobcat,Case,ASV and Deere. My next one will probably be a Deere.:hmm3grin2orange:

Have you seen what 57 stone does to an ASV track system? They are classified as Multi-terrain loaders. Sand, Dirt, and Street, Yes they are great machines. But as far as tracked machines go they will not handle the abuse that a bobcat or NH willl. I have seen it, done it. Whenever they are in rocks and you turn, it collects them up and chips away at the rubber coated rollers. While these are great machines for grading and such, They just are not as tough. And as most of us in here know, Tree guys are notoriously rough on equipment. Everything we own is continuously pushed to the limit. Overloaded S/A dump trucks, daily. Chippers constantly eating their max. Skid steers being used like full on skidders and wheel loaders. It is what we do. I used to work for a concrete company, they had two CAT 257s, when it came time to buy another machine. It was a tracked John Deere. The year prior to that, they spent $9000 or track rehab on a CAT machine with 500 hrs, Yet the John Deere has had no problems to date and is beyond that mark buy far.

ever see what 3 guys filling in skid steer ruts does to your bottom line? We use a NH machine when circumstances call for it, a dingo on tracks if needed, or the ASV for sensitive areas. The crews, if given a choice will almost always take the ASV over the New Holland. Equipment needs to be matched to the job, and maintained properly, especially when pushed to the limit.

the only machine i will claim that is absolute junk is gehl

and who operates a asv on a stone surface ? they are multi terraine loaders. and will definatly go rite through muck that any tire loader will just sink in.. thats what there used for. when we have a stone surface or street we use tire loaders. if your compairing the asv drive system compaired to bobcat. or nh, deere. there all the same. you have to replace tracks,. rollers. and drive sprockets way more often then you would ever have to replace the rubber on a asv or cat

Back