News Just In, and Not Good News!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Some where between the desert & the trees! AZ
I received this e-mail from my husky rep, & I believe it to be genuine information, so I would suggest, if you want a 372XP or 372XPW, GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

Dear Arizona and New Mexico Power Retailer,

We will have the following new Husqvarna saws in 2010:

372XP x torq
Production of the existing 372 will stop in Dec.2009

We are working to ensure that we get our production needs in SOP and the units built in 2009. The new unit (emission ready) is planned to start the first week of Jan.

We "building" inventory to cover Jan 2010 needs and then move into the new unit 01 Feb.

On the 372XPW (75cc version) we can have 500 of these and this will carry us into the second quarter. We need to discuss where the inventory resides....

The new 365 x-torq production will start in mid March 2010- we will plan on a late May 2010 market intro.

I recommend you get the orders in today, and begin building back-orders for any 372's that you want delivered before production is stopped.

I received this e-mail from my husky rep, & I believe it to be genuine information, so I would suggest, if you want a 372XP or 372XPW, GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

372XP x torq

We are working to ensure that we get our production needs in SOP and the units built in 2009. The new unit (emission ready) is planned to start the first week of Jan.

We "building" inventory to cover Jan 2010 needs and then move into the new unit 01 Feb.

On the 372XPW (75cc version) we can have 500 of these and this will carry us into the second quarter. We need to discuss where the inventory resides....

The new 365 x-torq production will start in mid March 2010- we will plan on a late May 2010 market intro.

I recommend you get the orders in today, and begin building back-orders for any 372's that you want delivered before production is stopped.

Whomever wrote that letter deserves to have their keyboard taken away.

so they're still gonna have the 372, it'll just be x-torq only...that's the way I read it. right? So x-torq is no good I take it...

And yes, keyboard over the head :)

372X-torq = Some sorta satanic pile of Donkey poop, compressed into a Strato saw.

It had to end sooner or later.
Lest Billions of Hippys would die of dehydration from crying so much.

Thanks again to John Deere and thier successfull lobbying.:dizzy:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a fairly new 372xp....I may consider picking up one of the last ones from my dealer. Last week he still had several in stock, with great pricing. I know we've heard this before.....but it looks like this may be legit?

Sorta OT. The local Spokane dealer has been running ads bragging about great prices on 'closeout' Husky equipment shipped in from back east. Any other areas getting this hype?

Even more OT. I was shopping last spring, looked at Husky, talked to 3 different dealers. All of them were primary rental outfits (so is the Spokane one) and gave me very little attention. I got the distinct impression that saw customers were ore of a bother than a customer.

Harry K

372XP x torq

I just came from a Husky meeting yesterday, and this info is essentially correct. (not sure it's cool to post your reps' e-mail though) I've already done some loading up on those models the last month or two. I've been spreading the orders out, to spread the dating out. I don't know that we can expect a heads up regarding when the supply of 372's is about to dry up, so my plan is to have a bunch of them. But I think the supply will be OK for the rest of the year, unless lot of guys like me start hoarding the things. Maybe I should order some more tomorrow, huh?

Have yet to see or a run a 372 X-Torque, so we'll have to wait to see if it's the same saw we all know, or if it's been ruined. LOL It will have slightly taller top cover to accomodate the new cylinder, and of course the carb/intake will be different. I would have to think there will be a few extra ounces there for Sawtroll to tell us about. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a small price increase, because there is certainly some additional cost there.

Now this is just total speculation on my part, but I'd bet that Jonsered will also get these saws because I think that it's logical to assume that when production stops/changes on the 372, it will do the same on the 2171. And there has been no word to date on a Jonny version of the 576 yet, so this is the way I think this will play out on the Red side of the family.

Hey Spike. You should buy a container full and just sit on them. It sure would be a better investment than the stock market.

Look at how many were looking for MS-440s after they were officially replaced by the 441. It sure was no secret that they were going away too.:D

I just came from a Husky meeting yesterday, and this info is essentially correct. (not sure it's cool to post your reps' e-mail though) I've already done some loading up on those models the last month or two. I've been spreading the orders out, to spread the dating out. I don't know that we can expect a heads up regarding when the supply of 372's is about to dry up, so my plan is to have a bunch of them. But I think the supply will be OK for the rest of the year, unless lot of guys like me start hoarding the things. Maybe I should order some more tomorrow, huh?

Have yet to see or a run a 372 X-Torque, so we'll have to wait to see if it's the same saw we all know, or if it's been ruined. LOL It will have slightly taller top cover to accomodate the new cylinder, and of course the carb/intake will be different. I would have to think there will be a few extra ounces there for Sawtroll to tell us about. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a small price increase, because there is certainly some additional cost there.

Now this is just total speculation on my part, but I'd bet that Jonsered will also get these saws because I think that it's logical to assume that when production stops/changes on the 372, it will do the same on the 2171. And there has been no word to date on a Jonny version of the 576 yet, so this is the way I think this will play out on the Red side of the family.
Kind of makes me wonder why even bother when they have the new 576? is the 576 that bad?

372XP x torq

The end of great production run.

Kind of makes me wonder why even bother when they have the new 576? is the 576 that bad?

I was thinking the same thing. I have run a 576, and it was nice. My thinking is that, since the 576 is a 74+cc saw, the 372x-torq might only come in the 71cc version and they would both be available. I don't know just a thought. :givebeer:

The 576 suffered a lot of guilt by association with the 570 in many peoples mind. The 576 also came out with little to no reason to buy it since the 372 was still available. It is hard to get people to switch models from one that is well respected, familiar and still available to one that is not know, quite different and expensive.

The 576 suffered a lot of guilt by association with the 570 in many peoples mind. The 576 also came out with little to no reason to buy it since the 372 was still available. It is hard to get people to switch models from one that is well respected, familiar and still available to one that is not know, quite different and expensive.

Bullseye!

Plus they need to get people to stop thinking that "strato" = "voodoo".

The 576 is really a very good saw, especially with Auto-tune. But IMO, as long as there is a 372 on the shelf, it will be the one most guys grab. It's a great saw, and it has a very loyal following.

Bullseye!

The 576 is really a very good saw, especially with Auto-tune. But IMO, as long as there is a 372 on the shelf, it will be the one most guys grab. It's a great saw, and it has a very loyal following.

yeah but the 576 is a pig.if we wanted this weight,we may as well just hop up to a 395 and be done with it.:)
oh wait,that ones future doesn't seem to bright either does it.:(
man,this EPA BS on chainsaws really sucks.
" "strato" = "voodoo"."
get your 372xpw's now boys.

Ill ask my dealer this week if he got a similar notice.

Bullseye!

The only solution to the voodoo surrounding "strato" is time. Get enough of the new saws in the market and stop selling yesterdays technology. Some serious price incentives never hurt.

Clear out the old and in with the new. May the strong survive and weak continue to run to the airport for LL. :chainsaw:

yeah but the 576 is a pig.if we wanted this weight,we may as well just hop up to a 395 and be done with it.:)
oh wait,that ones future doesn't seem to bright either does it.:(
man,this EPA BS on chainsaws really sucks.
" "strato" = "voodoo"."
get your 372xpw's now boys.

:agree2:
LOL!!!
I can see that in 5 years or so folks will be fined for not running CARB/EPA approved lawnmowers and other OPE.

If Strato BS didn't add weight and bulk, I wouldn't mind one whit.
The modification ease is pointless if ya start with a Pig and have to throw more $$$$ at it to be a more powerfull pig.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back