News Just In, and Not Good News!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that in 5 years or so folks will be fined for not running CARB/EPA approved lawnmowers and other OPE.

I'll believe it when I see it, but that WAS a great line to keep the discussion lively.

I wonder how many 2171's Tilton has spoken for? I've also been just a bit curious as to how things work out between Tilton and Charlotte re J-red: suppose Charlotte gets a boatload of 2172 (X-torque) or 2176 (strato) saws in while Tilton still has a pile of 2171's promised: Does Charlotte tell it's dealers it has the "New!" stuff, or does Tilton advertize the "Good, old 2171?"

Yeah, I know about different marketing territories, limited exposure, and the fact that Charlotte doesn't work much at marketing...but just doing the armchair thing.

I love my 372 and would cherish another. I am not scared of x-torq or the 576, I'd welcome both if they're reliable (that's why new saws have warranties anyway).

I am very curious, as others have noted, as to why 2 70cc class saws? Is the new 372 x-torq losing it's "xp" status to become a consumer/landowner grade piece while the 576 assumes the "pro" level? Shame, if so, to do that to the 372 legacy. Kinda like a Mustang II...

Pretty dumb statement. Have you run one yet?

yeah,it could be.(but I doubt it.)

no I haven't, but hefted a couple and they didn't feel like a nice all around saw to me.(pig as in heavy,can't speak for performance.)
The thing is,the weight of the 372 makes it so easy to use for all purpose.start getting heavier,and the saw then becomes a more devoted to larger wood only saw.this is what I meant by pig.Even if it's much more powerful,in fact if so,the more devoted to larger wood only it would become to most.In which case,why not just save up and spend a bit more to get into the 90cc class?

I just picked up a Husqvarna “XP” brochure today at a dealer’s. It is smaller than the full 2009 catalog and only covers the XP model line-up. The 385xp is missing….is this old news that I missed or something. It looks like the 576xp is replacing the 385xp….The 372xp is still listed.

Hopefully there aren't any problems that come about from adapting the 372 case to strato?
Otherwise it seems like a good idea to me- the 372 already has the modern air filtration and anti vibe. And with more power from the strato it might be able to keep up with a 441...:)

Gosh, maybe I should call my "dealer" and get me one of those 2186's before they are gone......;)

:cheers:
Mike

I was thinking the same thing. I have run a 576, and it was nice. My thinking is that, since the 576 is a 74+cc saw, the 372x-torq might only come in the 71cc version and they would both be available. I don't know just a thought. :givebeer:

The 576 suffered a lot of guilt by association with the 570 in many peoples mind. The 576 also came out with little to no reason to buy it since the 372 was still available. It is hard to get people to switch models from one that is well respected, familiar and still available to one that is not know, quite different and expensive.

The 576 is really a very good saw, especially with Auto-tune. But IMO, as long as there is a 372 on the shelf, it will be the one most guys grab. It's a great saw, and it has a very loyal following.

Am I the only one thinking that once the "regular" 372XP's are gone, Husky will just start slapping 372XPW "X-Torq" stickers on the 576's to get them to start selling? (and the 570 becomes a "365 X-Torq)?

Am I the only one thinking that once the "regular" 372XP's are gone, Husky will just start slapping 372XPW "X-Torq" stickers on the 576's to get them to start selling? (and the 570 becomes a "365 X-Torq)?

Or some variation on the same idea.

The 455 begat the 460 for some reason, most likely the complete lack of any power in the first attempt at a strato and the bad word of mouth.

Tweak it a smidge, market the new, and let the older version fade.
Kinda like the 575.

The 576 is no 372 anymore than Pizza Hut is Italian cuisine.

Strato is gonna have to go through all the bumps and bruises piston port went through, before things get back to where we are now.

I reckon I can wait 10 years. ;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I've recently added two strato-charged saws to the line-up, figuring I'd start out with a minimal investment to check out the new technology a bit.

To be perfectly honest, they are very impressive. The Husqvarna 435 is stone stock, and the Ryobi has a minor muffler mod, and pound for pound they cut as well as any closed port piston/ported saw I've ran. The power curve seems a tad broader than your typical closed port Husqvarna engine, and they still really shine at high rpm's.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that setting them up a bit lean to rpm kills off some low and mid-range power. This occurs with both saws, and they use different engines even though they both displace 41cc.

It will be interesting to see how well the 372XP strato's do right out of the box. I'm sure Mr Snelling will spend some time enhancing a unit or two and providing us with some accurate test results along the way.

My guess is that they will end up being a viable replacment for the old design, lets just hope they are going to use a split mag case with bolt on P/C and not the throw-away clamshell design.......Cliff

[I just came from a Husky meeting yesterday, and this info is essentially correct. (not sure it's cool to post your reps' e-mail though) I've already done some loading up on those models the last month or two. I've been spreading the orders out, to spread the dating out. I don't know that we can expect a heads up regarding when the supply of 372's is about to dry up, so my plan is to have a bunch of them. But I think the supply will be OK for the rest of the year, unless lot of guys like me start hoarding the things. Maybe I should order some more tomorrow, huh?

Have yet to see or a run a 372 X-Torque, so we'll have to wait to see if it's the same saw we all know, or if it's been ruined. LOL It will have slightly taller top cover to accomodate the new cylinder, and of course the carb/intake will be different. I would have to think there will be a few extra ounces there for Sawtroll to tell us about. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a small price increase, because there is certainly some additional cost there.

Now this is just total speculation on my part, but I'd bet that Jonsered will also get these saws because I think that it's logical to assume that when production stops/changes on the 372, it will do the same on the 2171. And there has been no word to date on a Jonny version of the 576 yet, so this is the way I think this will play out on the Red side of the family.

Spike60:
I used the info my REP sent me, and contacted all of my 372 customers so they would have a chance to purchase the 372's before they are NLA. I therefore didn't think it would be a problem to post it on AS, so that any of the 372 aficionados could get in on the action also. If it is not cool, may the Husky Gods will give me a severe lashing. Yes I may become a chainsaw hoarder also, but that is the nature of the beast (you can't sell what you don't have or cannot get anymore).

:cheers: And Have a Good Day ALL!

Latest posts

Back