Newspaper advertising

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborrich

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
im in the phonebook but i wanted to try the local papers so i did a 10 week run in 3 Times papers for 3 towns. my ad is in the back in the business directory. im the only tree service and ive received a total of 0 calls so far. idk. i think my ad is awesome.. i list the CTE i have on staff and all the good stuff but have not got one call. anyone care to share there experiances with the newpapers.

I get more calls out of the paper's biz directory than the YPs
-Ralph

I put a classified in a local rag and didn't get much out of it either. I also once advertised in a local penny pincher publication and got lots of calls, but no jobs.

i find the small ads in newspapers are for smaller jobs from people wanting to pay small money. I have one in there though. I like small jobs as filler jobs. to fill in the gaps for when a crew gets done at say 2-3 oclock. they can go bang out another small job before the day is over.

chances are you are not going to score that $5,000 - $10,000 job out of a small classified ad.

When you say ads, are you using classified ads, or are you using larger ads?

I've considered a business card ad, but going by my personal paper reading habits, I rarely look at ads scattered throughout the paper. I just look in the classifieds when I'm in the need.

Back