next indiana gtg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best time for gtg?

• January

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Febuary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • As soon as possible

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
I'm in if I'm able. Can't promise this far ahead, but I sure would like to.

Weather don't bother me much, unless it's a snow storm.

What ever wood you got is good for me, some 30" would be nice, I'll bring my ole SXL925 out for a spin.

Update for January gtg, shooting for 10AM start. Good time to start? Have never hosted or been to a gtg, so any suggestions would be appreciated. also what is an average turnout, I know it will be lower since its cold out, but will give me a heads up for march. Thanks and hope to see you all here!!

ALl we will need is some wood

Some smaller stuff 8 inch diameter + -
A way of holding the log about waist high off of the ground.
As for a big log to make cookies out of,.. Just as long as it is 6-8 inches off of the ground will do.. Just enough room to safely cut down out of without hitting dirt.
Drinks, snacks, place to park off of the road yet not get hung up. And you will be good to go.

I am on indy time, and as for wood I'll try to have a selection from 8" to 24-30". may also drag a whole top out for people to cut on too... Hell I may drag a few tops out, i alway like help for next years firewood:cheers: PM me and I will get you all my address and directions

Last edited:
I'm still in for it, It sounds like I might have a couple guys with me, a neighbor buddy that has a new 880, we've been having our own gtg lately but were getting kind of bored switching each others saws back and forth, Were ready for some fresh action:)

So long as I am off that day, count me in. I need a reason to put my Homelite 750 back together and maybe I'll dust off the 2100.

Never been to one of these GTG so it'll be new for me.

Chris B.

Problem w/ online maps including google, yahoo, and mapquest. they show my address on my neighbors place. I'm attaching a photo addressing this any questions? all directions seem to be good other wise, so follow the diections, but look for my black mail box W/ 685 on it. My house is 300+ yards off the road, so follow the lane by the mailbox, oh and Ignore the couple signs half way back the drive(one says: trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again. the other has a gun pointing at you and states: what I got ain't worth your life.) :)
attachment.php

trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again. the other has a gun pointing at you and states: what I got ain't worth your life.) :)
attachment.php

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I'm going to tell you straight up. My family knows where I'm going and what time I'm expected back.

J/K.

I should be able to make it. I'll be in the pick up truck with a white flag tied to the antenna.

Back