Next project. 031AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poulson01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I may need a doner for this one. All the hardware is missing and it has no ignition (electronic). I'm cleaning up what I have right now.

DSCF2661.jpg

They are a very well built, strong saw for their size.
Worth putting some time and $ into.
Sounds like Fish has got you covered on a donor saw.

Mike

I swear, is someone handing out project 031 saws as door prizes somewhere? Seems like they've been cropping up here more than any other saw as of late. Not that that's a bad thing, as noted they're great saws! I'd be comfortable running mine against any modern stock 50cc saw. Wouldn't win every one but it wouldn't be embarrassed by any standards.

What you have there appears to be in really good shape, at least, and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding whatever parts you need here. Take pics when you get Humpty Dumpty back together again!

The saw is in pretty good shape.
The P/C is perfect and it has good compression.
The bearings and seals are good.
I found a sweet bar for it too.

Someone hacked the ignition and the carb screen was blocked. The muffler was brazed at some point.

My neighbor got this off Ebay as a runner....which it wasn't, and took it apart to fix it. The rest is history.

I need:
Complete electronic ignition (except the little box behind and to the left of the spark plug).
2 starter cover screws.
3 gas tank screws.
Gas tank. (I think it got thrown across the shop by PO)
2 bar nuts.
Rear handle isolator.
And maybe a muffler.

Also a carb kit and a loop or two of RSC.:)

Pretty sure I got a muffler and maybe a tank you can have for the postage,but that might scare you coming out of canada.If you're stuck let me know and I'll drop them in the mail.

Thanks for the offers guys. I'll keep 'em in mind. I did pretty good this week. Got the 024 running again and resurrected the Homelite. The 031 cleaned up pretty good and looks like it'll be a good runner. I'll get some screws and a coil and see if I like it.

Is this a factory ignition trigger?
It was mounted in a funny spot.

DSCF2665.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. I have no illusions about having the money or time to fix it. My shoulder is still healing and I'm not even allowed to ride my bike for another 5 weeks. Let alone go back to work.:mad:
Oh well. It's all cleaned up so whoever gets it won't even get dirty.

All of my 030ish carcasses have points, I will throw some cash at it so
these "snipe' meisters won't get it too cheap...........

BTW, I was born dirty.....

It's in the mail! Someone in NH is gonna be a happy camper in about 4 days! :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back