Next year's cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lost out on another good find tonight. They take care of it themselves.

I have firm commitment for 3 sites of locust now with a 4th on "call me in April and we'll talk" status.

Rick.jpg

3 good sized ones to be cut after harves (August), possibly 2 1/2 cord or a bit more.

End-StJ2.jpg

Poor shot. There are at least 2 more to the right. Only 2 in there are good size though.

oldhouse.jpg

Just finalized the deal today. He wanted a picture to be sure we were talking about the same place. Of all the locust sites I chased all summer long that was the only one I hadn't taken a shot of. Had to make a 60 mile drive this morning to get one. Should be over 2 cord out of those three trees.

reich1.jpg

Lots of down, dead standing, dying locust and some other unidentified. this is the "call in April" one. I suspect I will get all the dead and down at least.

I figure all done it should be around 6-8 cords.

Of course I am also still stuck with getting that big willow out of there plus two more behind it. I could jsut fall and leave them but I can't see wasting the wood.

Harry K

Harry,

your gonna need a bigger yard to store it all you know, cause you ain't burning or selling as fast as your finding,cutting and stacking!! :clap: :clap:

Harry,

your gonna need a bigger yard to store it all you know, cause you ain't burning or selling as fast as your finding,cutting and stacking!! :clap: :clap:

Well...I do stack about 7' high and loooonnng and have a full acre to use...:)

I woke up yesterday worrying about getting permission on a couple places and then realized that I was getting down to the point of having more to cut than I would have time to process it all..

Was a nice day today except for equipmtne. Drug the splitter over to the willow pile where I had a small load I cut a couple months ago still needing splitting. Knew I would need to fuel it up but figured to split awhile take a break and fuel up. Not to be. Several pulls before it fired and the damn rope broke (3rd time this year) jsut as it fired and kept running. Had to split straight through as well as fuel up with the motor running. All done though except for stacking.

Harry K

good rope

Well...I do stack about 7' high and loooonnng and have a full acre to use...:)

I woke up yesterday worrying about getting permission on a couple places and then realized that I was getting down to the point of having more to cut than I would have time to process it all..

Was a nice day today except for equipmtne. Drug the splitter over to the willow pile where I had a small load I cut a couple months ago still needing splitting. Knew I would need to fuel it up but figured to split awhile take a break and fuel up. Not to be. Several pulls before it fired and the damn rope broke (3rd time this year) jsut as it fired and kept running. Had to split straight through as well as fuel up with the motor running. All done though except for stacking.

Harry K
Harry, Ive been using an after market rope for the past ten years or so without any failures, sum real tough stuff, Ill try to remember to get the brand for you and post, E J

Harry, Ive been using an after market rope for the past ten years or so without any failures, sum real tough stuff, Ill try to remember to get the brand for you and post, E J

I appreciate but not necessary. 2 of those times were caused by the local 'fix-it' shop (run out of a pawn shop. The first break was legitimate as it had been on there a looonnng time. The second one, the shop put in an undersized (diameter) cord with a small knot that pulled right through the hole. This time, I suspect it is the same thing.

I will try relacing it myself this time with the right size cord that I already have.

Harry K

Back