Nice little pile of walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here it's pretty common. I used to cut it all up for firewood. Now I keep some to mill. I wanted to cut up the little pieces, but my friend asked if I might be able to get a mantle out of one, so I'll try, Joe.

I milled up some of the chunks of walnut yesterday, and a juniper log that I had laying out there. I think the walnut might be highly valuable, my little brother told me to name my price for the pieces..... hehehe little does he know.....20170603_170658.jpg 20170603_151323.jpg 20170603_151323.jpg

My buddy brought some walnut over too. We've been milling them a little at a time,

standard.jpg

We milled these yesterday,

standard.jpg

We will be getting to this one S :) :) N...

standard.jpg

SR

That's the kind I like Rob. The ones I did for my friend were a special. They came off his family farm, or I would have split them for firewood. Although being kind of small they milled quick and easy. I forgot, is your mill a Norwood? My buddy has a Norwood, not sure what model. He hasn't run it in several years and now he can't get it started. I may offer to buy it. A shame to just let it sit, Joe.

My BSM is a Norwood Lubermate 2000, it's been a GREAT mill,

standard.jpg

For the most part, it's been completely trouble free...
orig.gif

SR

Black walnut makes decent shoulder season or firepit wood and it dries quickly...I never turn it down!

Back