Nice log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
nice%20log_zpsnlnz1gd5.jpg

32" bar didn't quite reach.

Did a lot of clearing brush, cut and hauled some of the top day1. Day 2 came home with a full load and had thelog down to the first crotch.

today was the fun day Started by pulling 3 main branches out of the weeds and bucking. Then laid into the log with the MS441/32" bar just singing and gobbling.

Noodle Time!!

noodle%20time_zpsz4z4n9iq.jpg

The wreckage:

the%20wreckage_zpsb6dxwyob.jpg

Came home with small load, did load all that was noodled in that pic except for the one round in the right background but my old bod said "ENOUGH!"

I was out again today to finish it up. Came home with 3/4 load. Wind going around 20 and was in the right direction to fall that tree in the background of pic#2 (really to dark to see). That one makes the one in pictures look like matchsticks. Forgot the camera but the 32" bar againsit looks like it only goes about 1/2 way. I had to fight off the urge to fall it with the wind in my favor. I wasn't ready to tackle another huge tree yet.

Green metal thermos.... my dad bought one maybe in the 60's, first came out stainless instead of glass liner. Salesman said he used it as a wheel chock to prove durability.
I think ours ran about 30 yrs of dents and tractor and combine cab use until the outer case eventually rusted out.
Great product.......

off the bunny trail....

Did a lot of clearing brush, cut and hauled some of the top day1. Day 2 came home with a full load and had thelog down to the first crotch.

today was the fun day Started by pulling 3 main branches out of the weeds and bucking. Then laid into the log with the MS441/32" bar just singing and gobbling.

Noodle Time!!

The wreckage:

Came home with small load, did load all that was noodled in that pic except for the one round in the right background but my old bod said "ENOUGH!"

Noodle Time!!

The wreckage:

Nice work. Lots of VERY big rounds there. Looks like the size of some of our Red Oaks around here.
I also have a MS441 but need to buy a longer bar and chains for it. I bought it used and in very good condition with a brand new 18" bar and chain looks like they ran it once until dull and then never sharpened it back up...lol. It's all ok because the MS291 has an 18" bar so I'll use it on that. I just don't want to spend $150 CAD on new 28" bar and chain....ha,ha...call me cheap!

Nice work. Lots of VERY big rounds there. Looks like the size of some of our Red Oaks around here.
I also have a MS441 but need to buy a longer bar and chains for it. I bought it used and in very good condition with a brand new 18" bar and chain looks like they ran it once until dull and then never sharpened it back up...lol. It's all ok because the MS291 has an 18" bar so I'll use it on that. I just don't want to spend $150 CAD on new 28" bar and chain....ha,ha...call me cheap!

My and Mike used my 28" bar on a 361 to do up a big, probably red oak, log a couple weeks ago. since getting the 441 that 28" bar doesn't get much use any more. My usual armament when heading out to cut is MS192T (love that top handle for brushing cuts), MS310 with 16" bar - wonderful combination for the smaller stuff, MS 361 with a 20 or 24" bar, 28" bar rides in the cab for "if needed".

Nice work! I love cutting bigger trees. I think I got some pics of some big spruce or hemlock I fell last summer. Ended up selling a trailer full to my buddy instead of noodling every round. Awesome burning wood for Alaska. 20150530_152033.jpg 20150530_152116.jpg

Nice work! I love cutting bigger trees. I think I got some pics of some big spruce or hemlock I fell last summer. Ended up selling a trailer full to my buddy instead of noodling every round. Awesome burning wood for Alaska. View attachment 511120 View attachment 511128
Hemlock.
Lots of barns enclosed with that here.
I hear it's not great to stain but lasts forever.

Latest posts

Back