Nice quiet splitter muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bracing

you might want to brace the end of that muff before it starts cracking at the engine, steel

brace it for sure! my buddy had a briggs motor with a muffler half that size on it. wasnt long before it cracked well ....everywhere. we were splitting at the time it totally fell off. we grabbed the earmuffs and the flames kept us warm after that. that motors long gone now :(

I have been wanting to do the same thing with my splitter that has a 9 HP Honda GX270 engine. I was not sure how much the muffler would make things quieter. I was not sure how much noise was exhaust and how much was hyrdaulic and/or mechanical. The splitters are certainly much too loud as they come from the factory.

I bought a muffler from a 250 cc ATV that should be much better than the stock muffler - these muffler come pretty cheap on eBay as the owners are putting on louder ones to get more speed (or just to make more noise and sound cool). I just need to fabricate a pipe to bolt the muffer to the engine.

Back