Nicks boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax a bit, life's a bit short to get very wound up about something on an online message board.

BTW my meindl hiker soles delaminated just the other day. Nothing a little shoe goo cant fix. Still the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

Well the top eyelets could use a beefing up if there was ever one complaint. Thats technique too. This Fallers caulk boot I speak of, Hoffmans resoles them, you will all be glad to know,YES! American made.
The soles doesn't come off, but because of the modification, Meindil will no longer assure water resistant/prof status.
I speak of one paparticular boot...thats it.
Some people can't get that,I gather.
And there's no harder test than what 'we' put them through...I can guarantee that.

As for the water prof status? ... sometimes we have rivers running through our quarter,We control our environment by measering the rain in a 24 hour period.
Some places its 50mm or 2" other areas It starts at 2" and cuts off at 4" 100mm.
Fly in the heli and see rivers traveling through your wood. I have a friend third generation and he was barely able to hold on been plucked out of a river by the heli, is dad was killed in a slide, his grandfather was killed on the hill also. There is well know slids in areas that just became there grave that you drive by to do a day work.

We are not going for a hike...some seem clueless to what goes on.

Yes most definitely the most concomfortable boot that ANY COAST FALLER HAS WORN
That I know of thus far.

Well the top eyelets could use a beefing up if there was ever one complaint. Thats technique too. This Fallers caulk boot I speak of, Hoffmans resoles them, you will all be glad to know,YES! American made.
The soles doesn't come off, but because of the modification, Meindil will no longer assure water resistant/prof status.
I speak of one paparticular boot...thats it.
Some people can't get that,I gather.
And there's no harder test than what 'we' put them through...I can guarantee that.

As for the water prof status? ... sometimes we have rivers running through our quarter,We control our environment by measering the rain in a 24 hour period.
Some places its 50mm or 2" other areas It starts at 2" and cuts off at 4" 100mm.
Fly in the heli and see rivers traveling through your wood. I have a friend third generation and he was barely able to hold on been plucked out of a river by the heli, is dad was killed in a slide, his grandfather was killed on the hill also. There is well know slids in areas that just became there grave that you drive by to do a day work.

We are not going for a hike...some seem clueless to what goes on.

Yes most definitely the most concomfortable boot that ANY COAST FALLER HAS WORN
That I know of thus far.

Did not realize it was so dry up there. I can see how you could make Hoffmans work for you in those desert like conditions.:p

In all seriousness though I have a pair of Hoffmans and I can't see using them much except in the summer. The leather is soft which feels nice when they are dry but they stretch like crazy when there is a forecast of rain. Had them for probably 25 years so maybe things have changed since I bought them.
On another note I am blown away by how long people make their caulks last at least from the testimonials. When I was working I rarely got a year out of a pair and most guys I worked with had similar experience.
Of course my shoes last a long time now that my feet spend a lot of time hanging off the end of the recliner.:D

When you guys ordered your boots you had to give a size?

I went in and they measured me all up and then the boots showed up a few weeks later. Took a good 15+ mins measuring my feet and they also traced them out on a special sheet.
I was figuring with all that they would fit like they had been molded to my feet. So far I have about 3 hrs of wear time on them. I had to dig out my old boots from the trash.. barely caught them before they headed into the wood stove!
I talked to the shop and they said it was normal. I hope so, I've worn boots almost all my life and never had to break in a pair this much.

I was figuring with all that they would fit like they had been molded to my feet. So far I have about 3 hrs of wear time on them. I had to dig out my old boots from the trash.. barely caught them before they headed into the wood stove!
I talked to the shop and they said it was normal. I hope so, I've worn boots almost all my life and never had to break in a pair this much.
I've never had a pair of heavy work boots that didn't take a month to break in and mold to my feet.

That's another advantage to the European style boots WestBoastfaller mentions, much less break in time.

Did you read and follow the break in instructions?

When you guys ordered your boots you had to give a size?

I went in and they measured me all up and then the boots showed up a few weeks later. Took a good 15+ mins measuring my feet and they also traced them out on a special sheet.

Good boots take time to break in, they aren't ****ing sneakers ready to go out of the box. Like a good pair of jeans they need a few days and some wear and tear to feel good.

Did not realize it was so dry up there. I can see how you could make Hoffmans work for you in those desert like conditions.:p

In all seriousness though I have a pair of Hoffmans and I can't see using them much except in the summer. The leather is soft which feels nice when they are dry but they stretch like crazy when there is a forecast of rain. Had them for probably 25 years so maybe things have changed since I bought them.
On another note I am blown away by how long people make their caulks last at least from the testimonials. When I was working I rarely got a year out of a pair and most guys I worked with had similar experience.
Of course my shoes last a long time now that my feet spend a lot of time hanging off the end of the recliner.:D

Lol... My appreciation to Hoffmans for modifying this particular *Meindil* boot to create a Meindl logger,one comfortable caulk boot. AGAIN its NOT a Hoffman boot, I've never owned Hoffman boots.
They did the mod ONLY!
There is a few good reasons they bothered to use this Boot..

How about revoking NAFTA so no more Canadian lumber is shipped to the USA. You would be crying the blues begging America for help. You really should shut your mouth about this country and its people.
^^^^Disclaimer^^^^^
"Can you say Anger Management"
Or do we need an intervention for Alcohol.

Don't get smart or we'll cut off YOUR BC hydro electric and Hydroponics supply. LMAO
And you will be left in the dark, grumpy asking Canadians for help and the only thing you'll get is what runs down hill...if you get the drift.(No pun)If we can't sell US softwood lumber and I don't have a job I will personally rip a lot of money out of your economy, I love 'you'Californian smokers, 'Your'the best customer.

^^^^^Disclaimer ^^^^^

Hey you deserved that!I can go to your level too!
people get treated how they treat me,
Didn't see anyone else felt the need to go off unnecessary
Tit for tat....move on

My rebuttal; ref. NAFTA
Its all about supply and demand & choice. You bought our softwood lumber before NAFTA and you need it right now with a recent housing boom in the past couple years.We have lost a lot of jobs as part of the agreement which allows Licencees mainly; on private land can export raw logs. About 6 Licencees in BC have invested in mills in the southern states meanwhile most of the coastal mills here have closed. Many lost their homes and probably left BC for Steady employment. The government just slaped the Licencees with a 20% fee in lieu but they went running foul to the US as it violations the agreement that states; Governments can't make/alter that could cause a direct efect basically.That could effect a lot of people on both sides I'm sure If the Licencees choose to only
sell the timber and wait for a NAFTA tribunal then those mills down there may be directly affected?.Keep in mind all those mills were closed or struggling Before Canadian 'interest.
The Island was all about
forestry , fishing. and mining but now its for the 'rich'. Many Boommers sold in Ontario/Alberta and bought there for half as much, driving the prices up. Schools have shut down, 'nobodys ' rasising kids where I'm from these days.
furthermore; Merchable Timber is only 10% handfelled here. The coast only produces 12% of BCs annual volume But does account for 27% of the force.
moreover; although US is just barely BCs biggest customer taking 35%,they no longer have us over a barrel, we don't rely on 'you' as we once did.
Would it effect me? Likely, is the 20% fee of lieu going to? Not ready to go this month as
I will be doing a very involed first aid training but I don't see the advertisement
A did this time last year.
I got my fingers in everywhere and don't rely on one industry or activitiy when it come to falling, I'm up to date with gas & oil tickets as well as wildland fire falling with twoDanger tree assessing modules as well/ MPB winter work If I want.
Seems to be a lot of Falling right of way to supply more power for Cali these days
Don't think I'll be doing any "begging 'Americans "as you say.LMAO...good one:laughing:

NAFTA greatest Success. the San Antonio Express News reported. The biggest categories of U.S. exports to Canada and Mexico in 2010 were electrical machinery, vehicle parts, mineral fuel and oil and plastics. The U.S. also saw 800,000 new manufacturing jobs from 1994 through 1998, reversing a 13-year trend during which the country lost 2 million manufacturing jobs.

NAFTA Created Jobs for U.S. WorkersAccording to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, increased trade from NAFTA supports about 5 million U.S. jobs. The chamber of commerce also points out that unemployment was 7.1% in the decade before NAFTA and 5.1% before the recent economy fall.

What does that have to do with boots, haha?

QUOTE="Westboastfaller, post: 5314169, member: 122476"]^^^^Disclaimer^^^^^
"Can you say Anger Management"
Or do we need an intervention for Alcohol.

Don't get smart or we'll cut off YOUR BC hydro electric and Hydroponics supply. LMAO
And you will be left in the dark, grumpy asking Canadians for help and the only thing you'll get is what runs down hill...if you get the drift.(No pun)If we can't sell US softwood lumber and I don't have a job I will personally rip a lot of money out of your economy, I love 'you'Californian smokers, 'Your'the best customer.

^^^^^Disclaimer ^^^^^

Hey you deserved that!I can go to your level too!
people get treated how they treat me,
Didn't see anyone else felt the need to go off unnecessary
Tit for tat....move on

My rebuttal; ref. NAFTA
Its all about supply and demand & choice. You bought our softwood lumber before NAFTA and you need it right now with a recent housing boom in the past couple years.We have lost a lot of jobs as part of the agreement which allows Licencees mainly; on private land can export raw logs. About 6 Licencees in BC have invested in mills in the southern states meanwhile most of the coastal mills here have closed. Many lost their homes and probably left BC for Steady employment. The government just slaped the Licencees with a 20% fee in lieu but they went running foul to the US as it violations the agreement that states; Governments can't make/alter that could cause a direct efect basically.That could effect a lot of people on both sides I'm sure If the Licencees choose to only
sell the timber and wait for a NAFTA tribunal then those mills down there may be directly affected?.Keep in mind all those mills were closed or struggling Before Canadian 'interest.
The Island was all about
forestry , fishing. and mining but now its for the 'rich'. Many Boommers sold in Ontario/Alberta and bought there for half as much, driving the prices up. Schools have shut down, 'nobodys ' rasising kids where I'm from these days.
furthermore; Merchable Timber is only 10% handfelled here. The coast only produces 12% of BCs annual volume But does account for 27% of the force.
moreover; although US is just barely BCs biggest customer taking 35%,they no longer have us over a barrel, we don't rely on 'you' as we once did.
Would it effect me? Likely, is the 20% fee of lieu going to? Not ready to go this month as
I will be doing a very involed first aid training but I don't see the advertisement
A did this time last year.
I got my fingers in everywhere and don't rely on one industry or activitiy when it come to falling, I'm up to date with gas & oil tickets as well as wildland fire falling with twoDanger tree assessing modules as well/ MPB winter work If I want.
Don't think I'll be doing any to begging 'Americans ' as you say.LMAO...good one:laughing:

NAFTA greatest Success. the San Antonio Express News reported. The biggest categories of U.S. exports to Canada and Mexico in 2010 were electrical machinery, vehicle parts, mineral fuel and oil and plastics. The U.S. also saw 800,000 new manufacturing jobs from 1994 through 1998, reversing a 13-year trend during which the country lost 2 million manufacturing jobs.

NAFTA Created Jobs for U.S. WorkersAccording to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, increased trade from NAFTA supports about 5 million U.S. jobs. The chamber of commerce also points out that unemployment was 7.1% in the decade before NAFTA and 5.1% before the recent economy fall.[/QUOTE]

Good boots take time to break in, they aren't ****ing sneakers ready to go out of the box. Like a good pair of jeans they need a few days and some wear and tear to feel good.

I don't know on sneakers, the last pair I bought was almost 20 years ago.

I've worn many boots and these by far have been the worse fitting out the box. I figured with the boots custom built to my feet and with how much they cost me, they would fit much better.

I'm sure they will break in... just not sure how long!

I don't know on sneakers, the last pair I bought was almost 20 years ago.

I've worn many boots and these by far have been the worse fitting out the box. I figured with the boots custom built to my feet and with how much they cost me, they would fit much better.
What brand of boots are they? Did you do the "do-it-yourself measuring kit" that they send out or did you go to the factory?

Back