No more chainsaws, chains, or bar oil for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys cause teardrops in my eyes, and I cannot thank you enough .............

And I'm glad my insanity is acceptable here too .........

I bumped the thread on my off grid rock house in off topic forum in case anybody is interested.

And like I said in my thread, please feel free to snicker, shake your head in amazement, or call me nuts.

...Heat for the winter has to come from wood and I physically can't handle a saw as heavy as the old Dolmar any more. Hence the need for a lightweight saw with lots of power. Randy has stepped up to the plate and made a most generous offer that left me speechless. I will be able to keep the woodstove going. That in itself is a big load off of me...

This is great news. A good chain saw means independence; there is nothing as satisfying and comforting as ample store of seasoned wood and a wood stove keeping everything toasty during the cold months. A big thank you from me to Randy.

You guys cause teardrops in my eyes, and I cannot thank you enough .............

And I'm glad my insanity is acceptable here too .........

I bumped the thread on my off grid rock house in off topic forum in case anybody is interested.

And like I said in my thread, please feel free to snicker, shake your head in amazement, or call me nuts.

There are plenty of prepper/survival forums on the net. I *bet* you could find a companion or companions to either move up there, or rotate around and come and stay/visit/help you out. There is huge interest in remote off grid living now, either permanently or as a retreat in a SHTF scenario.

Awesome to hear! Kudos Randy! Now let's just say for instance I wanted to quit sawing would you port one of mine to keep me into it? :yoyo:
Seriously though I am glad all worked out for you. Keep us updated on your new family member.

There is a big man amongst us. Made my day.

hardpan, and I dealt with that stuff enough when I was in the Laborer's Union, especially in Hawaii, you can say that again!!
I've been thinking about this all afternoon working in my woodpile! What a terrific thing Randy has done!! Really something in this day and age of greed and super self interest! (my old history Prof calls it the " Me Generation"). And the thing is this isn't by far the first time he's done this type of thing! He's helped me out too in the past when I had a health problem! And the incredible thing is he's not alone!! I remember when Stumpy's shop burned down! It was incredible the outpouring of support!! I was amazed! There were guys that were willing to drive down there and help build him another one!!
It's really amazing the " Brotherhood", and I don't mind calling it that, that we have here!! It's something really special in this day and age!! I feel very fortunate to have found AS and privaledged to be a small part of it!! and I'm glad Kev ( I think that's your name) mentioned Darin! Without blowin' smoke..... we owe him a great debt of gratitude for founding and helping keep this great "Brotherhood" going!!! " Big One. Tanks Uh!"

There are plenty of prepper/survival forums on the net. I *bet* you could find a companion or companions to either move up there, or rotate around and come and stay/visit/help you out. There is huge interest in remote off grid living now, either permanently or as a retreat in a SHTF scenario.

Yeah there is if your a single guy and might be "nudge nudge" looking for a lady friend there is the homesteading today personals.
Kindred Spirits - The Homestead.org Forum - Page 1

Lots of ladys out there looking for a companion as well just to homestead with and share the work load..

http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/country-singletree/

Last edited:
I don't deserve anything........

This site and it's members have been very good for me. I found this place when I was in very poor health and the reading I found here kept me from going insane.

I'm just happy to be able to give something back.

Randy (Mastermind) = :msp_thumbup:

My wife firmly believes that reading AS caused my insanity A/K/A CAD; she doesn't recognize the therapeutic value of AS.

Yeah there is if your a single guy and might be "nudge nudge" looking for a lady friend there is the homesteading today personals.
Kindred Spirits - The Homestead.org Forum - Page 1

Lots of ladys out there looking for a companion as well just to homestead with and share the work load..

Country Singletree - Homesteading Today

Here I was thinking that there are probably quite a few young guys wanting some 'frontier' experience, I never figured that there were women willing to rough it.

Good on everybody. If you want a small saw for backup Kevin, I got a very nice 023 here you can have. Or any one of a dozen other assorted colors. Let me know.

Here I was thinking that there are probably quite a few young guys wanting some 'frontier' experience, I never figured that there were women willing to rough it.

My wife was raised on a farm.......with only a well and cistern for water. She knows a thing or two about roughing it. I've not met any "younger" women that embrace the rough life though.

Good on everybody. If you want a small saw for backup Kevin, I got a very nice 023 here you can have. Or any one of a dozen other assorted colors. Let me know.

You're a good cow.

:rock:

My wife was raised on a farm.......with only a well and cistern for water. She knows a thing or two about roughing it. I've not met any "younger" women that embrace the rough life though.

You're a good cow.

When I was a kid we had no running water. Hand pump on the kitchen counter. Our phone was a party line with 11 other people. I was a teenager before we got the plumbing. Heated the house, kinda, with a kemac wood stove.

Funny thing is, at the time I didn't feel poor, but looking back now I know just how very poor we were. People just didn't have a lot of money.

When I was a kid we had no running water. Hand pump on the kitchen counter. Our phone was a party line with 11 other people. I was a teenager before we got the plumbing. Heated the house, kinda, with a kemac wood stove.

Funny thing is, at the time I didn't feel poor, but looking back now I know just how very poor we were. People just didn't have a lot of money.

Big difference between broke and poor.You weren't poor 'cause you didn't "feel' that way.A lot of poverty is state of mind.

You're a good cow.

An insurance salesman rolls up to Masterminds shop.
Randy is cutting cookies and DSS is laying on his side with only one leg,a rear one.
The salesman gets Randys attention,and go'es to give him his salespitch,but can't get the site of DSS laying on the ground with one leg out of his mind,So his curiosity gets the best of him and he asks Whats with the cow with one leg?
The monkey answers...well you see i was porting a bunch of saws for a GTG,working late to build a killer 660 with an aftermarket jug that i was planing to kick some OEM ass with anyhow the fumes of aluminum,cow pies,and stale ethenol got to me and i passed out.
The cow came in and grabed my t-shirt and pulled me to safety.Thats a good cow.
So the salesman asks again.But whats with the one leg?
The monkey replies Well i was testing a revived 084 that showed up in a garbage bag,had to get some real wood so we had this big oak tree brought in,bigger than we ever had,collapsed my saw buck and rolled on me,thought i was a goner big old 084 belching exhaust in my face arms pinned by the oak losing conscience when the cow comes over and lifts the tree with his horns and pulls me out.Thats a good cow.
Salesman says,You still haven't answered my question,with all the lack of oxygen you'v experianced did you loose some brainpower?Whats the deal on the one leg?
Randy says i'm getting to that.I went on vaction with my wife and while i was gone the chainsaw terroists tried to destroy my shop by covering it in Mini Macs.It would have been the end of life as i know it,but the cow caught wind of the plan and changed my address and all the mini mac's ended up in Ohio somewhere.Thats a good cow.
Salesman is pissed now,getting redder than a Jred.Will you just answere my question?
The monkey looks at him, with a deadpan voice says A good cow like that, you don't just eat all at once.
Buda Bing

Back