no more home depot kitas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckelp

just being myself
Reaction score
i was just down at my home depot and did the normal "do you have any chainsaws for sale"
and i got the response nope, we are no longer selling any of are used tools because of the hassle of people calling dibs on tools and not getting them.
so now all there used tools are going to habitat for humanity.

so i guess i'm not getting a hd kita :mad:

Probably a direct result of all the hype on AS.......:jester:

I am sure it depends on wear you live. I bought mine here in NJ 2 weeks ago and they still sell them out this way. however it took awhile since most of the storse in this area changed them out earlier this year so no more locally for the next 2 or so years until they come of age and who knows by then what may change.

Or they could have just jacked the price up until the demand and supply balanced out...

i stopped by my home depot yesterday and he said they still sell them but they dont have any for sale at the moment.....

how would a man go about gettin a makita 7901?

First it helps when you have some sort of repor with the rentals guys at HD, I had stopped by my local HD and the guys behind the counter whom I had never rented from told me they are busy this time of year and they would not sell any saws until the season is over..if even then depending on the age. I went back in a few days later and the guys who I usally rent from and runs the dept was there. I started the conversation using his name (it help that they were these) and told him I needed a saw for the weekend and was hoping that they might have one coming up for sale soon so that I would not have to waste money on renting when I really wished to buy. He then said he thought he one coming up on three years and he would take a look. He walked over to the computer pulled up the saws and asked flat out "if he could sell it would I buy it" to which I replied yes.. he then procedes to walk over to the saws and showed it to me and says i can have it for $195 and he would though in a spare cheepy chain..
So sometimes its all about who is there and how you engauge the conversation. If you just flat out ask they may tell you NO. if you strike up a serious conversation and greet them by name you may get different results.

First it helps when you have some sort of repor with the rentals guys at HD, I had stopped by my local HD and the guys behind the counter whom I had never rented from told me they are busy this time of year and they would not sell any saws until the season is over..if even then depending on the age. I went back in a few days later and the guys who I usally rent from and runs the dept was there. I started the conversation using his name (it help that they were these) and told him I needed a saw for the weekend and was hoping that they might have one coming up for sale soon so that I would not have to waste money on renting when I really wished to buy. He then said he thought he one coming up on three years and he would take a look. He walked over to the computer pulled up the saws and asked flat out "if he could sell it would I buy it" to which I replied yes.. he then procedes to walk over to the saws and showed it to me and says i can have it for $195 and he would though in a spare cheepy chain..
So sometimes its all about who is there and how you engauge the conversation. If you just flat out ask they may tell you NO. if you strike up a serious conversation and greet them by name you may get different results.

Thanks. But can you get a 7901? I heard they quit selling them in the US? I really dont know that much about Makita/Dolmar. Thanks.

Thanks. But can you get a 7901? I heard they quit selling them in the US? I really dont know that much about Makita/Dolmar. Thanks.

Ahh I missed that you asked for a 7901 I would say go to dolmars site and call all of your local rep's. either that or pick up a HD6401 and then go to baileys or elsewhere and pick up the OEM p&c for the 7900 from what I understand its a strait bolt on.

If you are looking for new, you can buy a Dolmar 7900 from site sponsor The Cutting Edge, or if you have you heart set on a 7901 you can buy a new 6401 and the OEM (Mahle) 79cc P&C from Baileys for a total of $660 w/free shipping. Then you end up with a new 64cc top end that you can throw on a HD rental if and when you find one.

Toolking used to sell refurb 7901 powerheads for $330. I had one on backorder for about 8 months, right after Makita quit selling them to Toolking. This was 2007 IIRC. I haven't seen a refurbished Makita saw since.

What does Makita USA do with the returned saws now?

Still looking

As of 11-23-10, SUPPOSEDLY the Downers Grove Il. store has 1 for 225$ Was told this by my local store at noon. Dont shoot ME I am only the messenger.

Back