No More Shipped Husky's From Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!
And not the good kind either!
This really does suck the big one.
Nick Bailey, how many Husqvarna saws has your company sold over the years?

We have been a servicing Husqvarna dealer for approximately 30 years. I don't know the exact figures, but we sold approximately 10,000 various branded powerheads last year, mostly professional models.

That's a crap deal, folks.

Hate to break it to Husqvarna, but you really can't turn back the clock. Once people get used to being able to order their products, do you think they're going to be happy going back to the dealer-only setup? Do you think they'll be happy going back to dealer-only if they live in places where there aren't any stocking dealers for Husqvarna? Foolish.

It happened when Husky went direct years ago on the east coast

We have also been through this once before. Husqvarna went to a no shipping policy back in the early 80's with us. Then they changed again. Who knows, they could change in the near future. We will be selling someones chainsaw online and over the phone.

We have also been through this once before. Husqvarna went to a no shipping policy back in the early 80's with us. Then they changed again. Who knows, they could change in the near future. We will be selling someones chainsaw online and over the phone.

Well Mr.Bailey I'm sure Husky told you the reasoning behind their decision not to allow you to ship their saws anymore, care to share that?

That's a crap deal, folks.

Hate to break it to Husqvarna, but you really can't turn back the clock. Once people get used to being able to order their products, do you think they're going to be happy going back to the dealer-only setup? Do you think they'll be happy going back to dealer-only if they live in places where there aren't any stocking dealers for Husqvarna? Foolish.

Yes it does stink. The only servicing dealer in the Cincinnati area is not even in the Cincinnati area. He is at least 35 miles from the house. Plenty of Stihl dealers around. Each one sells their saws at the price on their Stihl printed price tags. It's take it or leave it with them. Why bother to shop around?

Hey Nick

Maybe we can get Tanaka to build some more pro saw choices

"5. We are not Stihl®. We are not Echo®. We are Tanaka.
You don’t have to worry about meeting unrealistic sales goals, selling inferior quality products, or competing with the “box stores” when you become a Tanaka dealer. Plus, if you want to sell online, go ahead and do it!"

http://tanakapowerequipment.com/index.php?section=75

Stihl can be successful with a B&M only model because of the breadth of dealers. It'll be the kiss of death for Husky unless they expand their mass merchant model. (but even the mass merchants like Lowes want the online sales model option).

If I were Bailey's, I'd get pretty close to the marketing folks at Makita/Dolmar and push to get the full Dolmar line branded as Makitas. It wouldn't create any channel conflict since Makita products are always sold online.

Makita doesn't offer the CS-7901 anymore, the equivalent of the flagship of the Dolmar line-up, the 7900. So that's a big strike against Makita in the professional saw market.

I think Husqvarna will revert back within a short time. All of my local Husky dealers are cut-throat and I wouldn't buy a new unit from any of them, even for one dollar. They jack up prices on parts and service so high it's completely ridiculous.

I get the B&M idea and know that it can be advantageous to OPE business owners AND customers when done right. It works really well for Stihl. I'm sure it could work really well for others, too. But that would require years of organic development of a competent dealer network, which is NOT something that can be created with the stroke of a pen. Because until a strong dealer network is in place, people who know what they're talking about and not just people who sell lawnmowers and throw a 350 and 359 on the shelf, too, the knowledgeable customer is the one getting screwed. And the rest of them probably buy at Sears or Lowes or TSC anyway.

I seriously think that Solo, Dolmar or Makita need to step up and offer a full range of SOLID saws that can be had online. Because any other course of action is just another feather in Stihl's cap and another dollar in their pocketbooks.

Oh well, enough of my b1tching, it's all been said before anyway.

I seriously think that Solo, Dolmar or Makita need to step up and offer a full range of SOLID saws that can be had online. Because any other course of action is just another feather in Stihl's cap and another dollar in their pocketbooks.

Good point but by the time they would have their name "out" more, the good, fast, pro saws would be put to a stop..

Back