No More Shipped Husky's From Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start lining the slightly used DEMO'S up for sale. :hmm3grin2orange:

Guess this means if you want a good, big chainsaw
from Baily's by mailorder,:deadhorse:
one would have to order the
Chinese 090 parts saw and put it together? :monkey:
Rich S.

I think husky has shot themselves in the foot on this. What possible upside this has for them eludes me. Seems they will be losing market share to stihl, selling less product, and leveling out the playing field a little, for the smaller saw companies, who will also be taking some market share.

So this policy seems beneficial to it's competitors and any of it's dealers that are not internet sellers.

Is it because they are getting so fat off the box store sales that they now need these local dealers to do the service work on them??

That's a crap deal, folks.

Hate to break it to Husqvarna, but you really can't turn back the clock. Once people get used to being able to order their products, do you think they're going to be happy going back to the dealer-only setup? Do you think they'll be happy going back to dealer-only if they live in places where there aren't any stocking dealers for Husqvarna? Foolish.

Dealers, What dealers. I went to the Husky dealer here that was family owned forever to get me some husky 50 parts, always bought what little I need from them when I could.
The doors were closed with no warning bankrupt.
So then I drove 45 mins to the next dealer and said it would be 2-3 months before getting the parts in, I thought HOGWASH.
I came home and ordered the parts online and had them in 3 days.

Sure like to have the cool lighted sign on the side of the building. :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe its just a marketing strategy similar to the 372's. No more online sales after dec. 21st......wait they are going to allow us to extend it till jan. 1st....wait its going to be till feb. 1st....... j/k ;)

From what I understand, the meat of dealer sales are homeowner saws, blowers and trimmers. Since these are all available in the box stores, I can't see this helping the servicing dealer much. Interesting.

Ian

Latest posts

Back