No More Shipped Husky's From Bailey's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this new policy o Bailey's part all boils down to the high level of the Canadian dollar right now.Canadians were trying to buy from baileys and they would not sell.the price differential betweeen the states saws and the canadian ones has always been attractive but lately a down right steal,we have run across this with arctic cat snowmobiles as well dealers getting fined if they sell to a canadian(free trade my a$$)So feeling the pressure husky put it foot down.I do agree saws should be sold through a dealer anyways.Just my opinion.
You might be on to something there!
Ever since I have found this sight I have been a Bailey's customer! When are dollar was 1.08 I ordered a Cant hook some chain and small misc stuff I saved at least $65.00. Hell I cant even find a Cant hook in Calgary. Lee Valley told me they could order me one $100.00 But I wanted one with the log lift on it handy for bucking trees.The one they had was made in Canada the one Bailey's sells is made in USA good enough for me. Lee Valley did not have the log lift actually they didn't Know what it was or used for and know body in the store has ever seen one! For you things might be different as you live in big timber country. Sorry for going a bit off topic here I also find American businesses very good to deal with Compared to Canadian businesses Here the attitude is we are the only game in town what are you going to do about it.
P.S Calgary is not a small place over a million people My Jred dealer is great but saws are just a fraction of there sales.

Last edited:
There are no stocking Husky dealers within 40 miles of here.As a result,other than the Husqvarnas that Lowes sells,there are none to speak of.

I've stated many times that I've never worked on a Husky because they are all but non existant in these parts.Lots of Stihl dealers,the good ,the bad and the ugly.

Go buy your saw from the local dealer (one visit), and get your parts and gear from Bailey's and Madsens. If you cut for a living, you should know how to work on your saw anyhow. Chainsaws are about as complicated as bicycles. Dealers are not that far off on the saw price, but when you get into the parts and accessories, they tend to rake you over the coals. Plus, they don't usually offer any professional accessories. Over a years worth of cutting, we spend so much more on bars, chains and saw parts, the original price of the saw is not worth mentioning. Let the dealers sell to the yuppies and suburbanites, they have all the money anyhow!

Since you have a local dealer you wouldn't see the difference.
I've been a Bailey's customer since the mid 80's, and in all that time I have only bought one saw from them. I bought that saw from Bailey's because my local dealer couldn't get what I wanted. My local dealer dropped Husky because they had to compete with Lowe's (right across the road) who was selling small Husky's for less than my dealer could buy them for. The dealer said that internet sales hadn't hurt his business enough to tell, He dropped Husky for bad business, it was the principal of thing's. It made thing's difficult for me, but I support him in his decision.
I still had the option to buy from Bailey's so I wasn't overly concerned. A friend was trying to get a Husky dealership, but Husky wasn't too receptive and my friend lost interest. I spoke to the rep. and he promised Husky would be available to me. Now I have no option's. I don't care if they sell on the internet or not, but I should be able to call Bailey's or any other dealer and order a saw over the phone.
This really make's me wish I didn't prefer Husky.

Andy

Since you have a local dealer you wouldn't see the difference.

Not trying to change your brand, but you might look for a local Stihl dealer, there are usually more of them around. You can still get all of your parts from Bailey's. We run the heck out of 046's and 460's and they seem to hold up well as long as you maintain the filters on both ends and put a fresh set of rings in once in a while.

Go buy your saw from the local dealer (one visit), and get your parts and gear from Bailey's and Madsens. If you cut for a living, you should know how to work on your saw anyhow. Chainsaws are about as complicated as bicycles. Dealers are not that far off on the saw price, but when you get into the parts and accessories, they tend to rake you over the coals. Plus, they don't usually offer any professional accessories. Over a years worth of cutting, we spend so much more on bars, chains and saw parts, the original price of the saw is not worth mentioning. Let the dealers sell to the yuppies and suburbanites, they have all the money anyhow!

Well said...especially the part about no professional accessories.

No, as the consumer I prefer to choose the channel I buy from. B&M, Online, or Mail Order. It's up to the manufacturer to create the distribution model that minimizes channel conflict.

There's absolutely no reason why Husky can't create a somewhat level playing field. They dictate the cost model.

IMHO online needs to exist as a sales channel but not at a huge discount. (maybe 10-20%)

you got a Lowe's in Lima now?

There are no stocking Husky dealers within 40 miles of here.As a result,other than the Husqvarnas that Lowes sells,there are none to speak of.

I've stated many times that I've never worked on a Husky because they are all but non existant in these parts.Lots of Stihl dealers,the good ,the bad and the ugly.

WOW! i didn't think you guys had electricity!:hmm3grin2orange:

just kidding you Al..i have been through Lima many times.

I can say in my case an online purchase has nothing whatsoever to do with it being 10% or 20% lower than the dealer or paying our wallet shredding 1% sales tax it is absolutely, completely, 100% about convenience. To buy a new saw from a dealer would require a special planned trip to get it which I usually don't have time for. I picked up the 025 and 029 because I was going to be driving within 2 miles of him, I would not have made a special trip even tho they were $40 for the pair. I got the 051 because Andy shipped it to me and I didn't have to rearrange my whole schedule to pay for and pick it up. Any other saw purchases will be the same way, if it's used even for free if I'm not within a few miles of them I won't bother and the same goes for a new saw. Personally I could care less about service, simply because unless something catastrophic happens I won't take the time to bring it back. The most I've done with my ATV, warranty and all is buy the service manual and fix it myself and I would do the same with a new saw. Once it's bought the dealer will probably never see it again.

I was saving my $$s for one of those. Months off till I had the money for it. Now, well, I can put that out a few more months. Once the few dealers around here learn of the no mail order policy they will be waltzing thru the showroom changing the prices -- higher no less. :cry:

Death, taxes, and higher saw prices. Can't win.

Bend over! Thank god I got my new 372xp two weeks ago. I saved OVER $200 from what my local dealer wanted. But hey you won't be taking food away from your local dealer...You'll be taking it away from your OWN FAMILY!

Last edited:
Sure it is POS, a copy of a sub-standard Husky (575xp).....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

Theres that post I seen the other day. Sawtroll I know ya in the slammer and I know how that feels. I wanna give ya something to look forward to when ya get out. If the 441 is a copy of a sub standard Husky then that 372 I got must be a copy of a sub standard Poolan,LOL

Just my one and a half cents worth: I'm a homeowner and primarily use my saw (372XP but also wanting a 346xp (now maybe MS260 pro?)) for firewood. I bought my 372xp from Baileys online for the following reasons: No one offers that model here (and/or very few pro models); 2. it was less expensive (by about $150) than I could get the MS 440 (locally); it saved me the 2+ hour round trip to the Stihl dealer; I could do my research (thank you ArboristSite.com contributors for the excellent info) from the comfort and convenience of my home.
Relevant to this discussion the last point may be the most important when it comes to the homeowner/consumer user type.....we are all online these days and hence are exposed to oodles and oodles of information which allows us to make informed decisions in our purchases. Of course we all want the biggest bang for our buck....and a durable product to boot. I expect that there is a much stronger demand for pro-version saws BY HOMEOWNER/CONSUMER users because of both the info available on the web and the price/selection on the internet (which ain't going away folks).

What if things had been different? 1. I would have bought a MS440 rather than my 372xp (and wouldn't have had the money (at the time) for extras/accessories/safety equipment).

Now that things are different? If I don't hurry up and by a 346xp from Baileys I will go to the Stihl dealer in Bozeman and buy the MS260pro (and feel like I paid more than I had to for the same level of performance.

By the way I have no brand loyalty and neither does the local equipment rental company which services both brands.

I wonder if this was a record week for Baileys. I hope it is not the storm before the eye, and I mean that. They've gotten a lot of my money over the last 9 or so years.

For me online/phone shopping is primarily about time saving. Saving money is not a bad thing, but taking two or three hours out of the midde of my day and driving to a dealer (twice) is to be avoided when possible.

Last edited:
it sounds like a good end of year sales pitch, 100 saws, close to 600 each, their sitting on close to 60 000 in inventory, things that make you go hmmmm

I e-mailed another online dealer who is located out west and they are also stopping on-line sales of Husky on or about Friday.

If you'd just bought the right saw in the first place huh?

Hehehe......just funnin you:buttkick: :) :) :)

Ouch. That's pretty funny. But in that case you are referring to it was haf a day in each case. But I learned a lot, and sometimes that's the way it goes.

What I meant in my post was going to order parts or something. I almost always have to go and order, and then come back and pick them up and hope they are the right ones. With Baileys or Mxdsns I just pick up the phone, talk to someone very knowledgeable, and then get them in the mail. I guess the parts thing isn't going to change, so my point seems weak here, doesn't it.....

One of my earlier mistakes was admitting I bought the 3120 on AS which is pro 880. I'll be more careful next time.;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back