No name saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are like harbor freight power tools.....give them to your workers so it don't cost you too much because they don't care about your tools.

So far you are the first negative review. And it sounds like you don't own one.
You know I didn't notice his last dickie comment until I read your reply to him, that must be from years of being married, I'm a professional ignorer (that even a real word) to negative comments lol

You know I didn't notice his last dickie comment until I read your reply to him, that must be from years of being married, I'm a professional ignorer (that even a real word) to negative comments lol

Sad but true. My bud bought one of those $99 Honda clone motors from Harbor Freight for his Wacker Tamper like 5 years ago,(" To get him through this job till he gets paid"). That motor is still on the Wacker Tamper and its going strong and starting on the 3rd pull. Its getting run hard and put away wet. I ran it a month ago and that thing has not led an easy life but it put in a 20 hour week.

AS has thousands of members and there wood be hundreds of people that wood have picked up 1 to try:rolleyes:
seems like they dont wont other members to know if good or no good :dumb:
not saying that these cheep saws are as good as known brand saws,:chop:
But looked after and treated right ,thay are not bad:crazy2::cold:
:barbecue::drinking:

My 'Gasoline Chainsaw HH365' is my workhorse for big wood. It is a Chinese clone of an open port Husky 365. I put a 77cc jug on it that I ported (they need a fair bit of work to get the transfers to flow), modded the carb and muffler. The only issue I've had with it was a broken clutch spring, other than that it just WORKS.

One of my mates made the mistake of thinking his stock genuine Husky 365 would flog it in a race. I felt so bad about his humiliation that I rebuilt his saw to the same specs. He loves his new big bore Husky (with the Chinese parts).

Half of these copy saws are sitting half seized in sheds, most of the time straight gassed. The other half break down by themselves. So if you want one, you deserve one.
Well a least 50% of the failures are not the saws fault, how much longer would a premier brand saw keep running treated in the same manner ( Straight gassed ) & you could probably buy 3 replacements for the price of repairing the top brand saw I don't own or run one, but to class them as crap because of Owner/operator s fault is in my book is some what unfair; see my post #17 +I have rebuilt a good few of so called Class brands suffering from no oil in the mix they end up just the same but cost a lot more to fix. The other 50% I can see your point

Sorry if I sounded too negative earlier, yes they can be a cheap alternative. The quality of these saws can differ very much, it's like a lottery. I'm just not a fan of throwing away and buy a new one but would rather be able to fix it properly. I owned several of these but they bring me no joy of running them. For the incidental user they can do the job.

The trigger lock is just for starting the saw. It is a clone of Zenoah 4500. The original is 43 bore x 32 stroke. Your clone is 45.5 bore x 34 stroke. The 62 cc clones have 48 mm bore x 34 mm stroke and a carb with bigger venturi. All open port cylinders.
If You can't baffle us with B S
Why did you have to go and confuse me with FACTS
But seriously
THANKS for the info

I remember the "tin can" jokes about the Japanese cars from the '60s. I've also seen quite a few very poor quality knock-off copies of USA guitars MIJ in the '60s. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the quality of the MIC chainsaw copies become very good. The problem with that is the number of patent infringements the Chinese will commit to make those saws. In the guitar world you can buy imported 'reverse engineered' pick-ups that come very close to, meet, or even exceed the quality of the originals.

What you are talking about is going on in the knife collecting community. At first the fakes were funny, then they got a little better but there were still tell tale signs they were fake. Now it is starting to be a serious problem. The only sure way to know if a knife is real, is to buy from a reputable dealer.

What you are talking about is going on in the knife collecting community. At first the fakes were funny, then they got a little better but there were still tell tale signs they were fake. Now it is starting to be a serious problem. The only sure way to know if a knife is real, is to buy from a reputable dealer.

That's been an issue with antiques for decades, even centuries for antiquities and in the art world. If the original has enough value to make copying it worth the expense & effort (and risk), it'll most likely be copied. I can see where modern technology makes producing very convincing copies fairly simple, especially if the object is relatively simple, like a knife.

I saw an episode of Antiques Roadshow where they appraised a very rare knife that was the real deal (sorry, I can't recall what it was, otherwise I'd gladly post a link). They wouldn't show the makers mark/stamp because of recent fakes showing up on the market. IIRC the fakes didn't quite have the mark down correctly, and they didn't want to show the fakers a real one to copy.

That's been an issue with antiques for decades, even centuries for antiquities and in the art world. If the original has enough value to make copying it worth the expense & effort (and risk), it'll most likely be copied. I can see where modern technology makes producing very convincing copies fairly simple, especially if the object is relatively simple, like a knife.

I saw an episode of Antiques Roadshow where they appraised a very rare knife that was the real deal (sorry, I can't recall what it was, otherwise I'd gladly post a link). They wouldn't show the makers mark/stamp because of recent fakes showing up on the market. IIRC the fakes didn't quite have the mark down correctly, and they didn't want to show the fakers a real one to copy.

What you say is true but now they are copying currently produced knives. Have you ever heard of a Chris Reeve Sebenza? It is a $400 knife, yes you read that correctly, and I have seen the fakes passed off as real. I wonder where these factories get the know how to make this stuff besides reverse enginering. I believe I saw on here that some of the big name saw companies had/have p&c made in china. Hmmm...

Back