Anyone ever use this E store

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ordered Hipa from Amazon, but not their store direct. Quality is better than the brands with randomized names that change monthly. Filters, fuel lines, etc. have all fit. They sent name brand spark plugs.

Strange not much response on this issue considering the threads started.

At this time the prices on some larger loops of 3/8 chain is like $6 and free shipping. Some of the other prices and the pre discounted anniversary sale are not so impressive. The 3/8 chain is of the plain drive link, no lube features on the drive link or on the tie strap like the Oregon exj I have to compare with. Re sizing the loops the rivets come out easier than the exj rivets, It splices in to replace 11 drive links with no issue. I kind of like oil features on the drive links for economy new comer chain that seems to be Upstart but these guys have much longer loops.

The ripping chain is a semi chisel with an angle approaching the 10 degrees expected. I was lead to believe on another site it was normal cutters.

The shipping was amazingly fast, faster than the estimate. The confirmation email did not come but one noting I had looked at a replacement carb for a Stihl ht250 and did I want it was sent to the email address I provided.

The chain is in pouches inside boxes and the boxes don't state what the loop is the pouches are labeled.

There was some reflection of light off the cutting edge I don't generally see, I doubt I did it re sizing, the only size loops I really wanted were ripping chain and I did not want that really. I have gone 10 file strokes and still a good way to go.

I really spend most time in the 35cc class and have not used any of it. They did not have the 3/8 file guide I ordered so doubled up on the 11/64 I also ordered and threw in 6 files I did not order, at least one package of 3 was the 7/32 that would have been on the ordered guide.

As to the worth it that is subjective, I note the depth gauges are more minimal in area compared to the exj which probably means more dangerous.

I have ordered from their store directly just last week. I ordered several chains from them to see if they are what I would consider descent. I'll hopefully report back in a week or so to let you know what I think of them.

Found a link to an e store from FB for small engine parts and I was wondering if anyone has ever used them and if there parts are worth the supper cheap prices.
I might give them a try.

https://www.hipastore.com/
I've ordered some stuff from them like fuel and oil caps, a carburetor, and an oil pump. Everything arrived pretty quick and worked fine.

I just bought 7 loops from them for like $50 with free shipping. Stupid cheap. Chains arrived on time and upon initial inspection look to be perfectly usable. I've got a loop on a saw but haven't cut with it yet to be able to report anything.

I see they have loops of full-chisel 3/8" Pitch .050" Gauge 76 DL for sale for $6 ... question, I could remove 4 drive links and get a loop with 72 DL for my 20" bar Stihl 361, yes? (I have a cheap kit to remove/replace rivets, but I've only used it once to fix a chain that got bent when it got pinched in a tree and I had to walk away from it...)

They may be a AS PAID sponsor, I have tried some of there stuff repairing peoples equipment. Some stuff just plain does not fit like original, especially Stihl. You get what you pay for is all I can say. I am a believer in OEM parts. I have doubled or triple the amount of work using aftermarket stuff. Bought a 3 pack of primer bulbs which clearly stated to fit a Stihl 600 Backpack blower, It did not even come close to locking in, but the fuel line connections were way oversized. Just my two cents.

As far as being a sponsor, look at some of the original posts made, looks like it was started by A.I.

Just ordered some 3/8" .050" 81DL full-chisel chains for $5.98 each with free shipping from them ... will report back.

Latest posts

Back