No poulans at Home depot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I dont know anything about poulons, so if you say the wood sharks are bad a$$ then I'll take it at face value, although I suspect there might have been a touch of sarcasm there. But they also had a wild thing etc. they had a few models to choose from. They any good?? I don't know. the only poulan I have is the engine for a 25 LB, 100 inch wingspan R/C plane, And I have never even fired it up.

only a touch????

Funny thing is in this area there is 5 stihl dealers , 2dolmar, 2husky, 1jred, and HD sells echo. All these with in 30 miles of my house. If I won,t a poulan pro I'll have to by one of those off colored ones from Walmart.

You can always get a new Mac:

macxtreme.jpg

:monkey:

only a touch????

Well only a touch for now. But the more I hang out here the more I'm learning about the people here.

I can say with all certainty that the Wild thing they had there was 154.00 brand new, and the stihl 038 I bought was used at 200.00 And I really think I bought the correct saw.

Now if I can get a fuel tank and Find some way to hook up the throttle linkage I might just see if that little 24CC poulan on my airplane will fire up :)

If I had my choice I would go with the new Homelite over the new Poulan. Pop. Mechanics did a chainsaw review a few years ago and they didn't have too much bad to say about the Homelite, while the Poulan displayed the common problems we know. Homelite is made by Ryobi now, who doesen't make the best stuff but they dont make total crap either.

I've got a dead pine to cut down next weekend, pretty good size, think I'll buy one and show up on the job with it!!:love1:

Go ahead, really! I triple-dog-dare ya! I wouldn't bring that to a job unless it was to smash it after the job with a large piece of machinery, preferably while tipping a couple brews.

Although I can't say anything, my saw is ALL orange!

Well, that is unfortunate. As far as I know, Poulans are still made in USA. IF they lose a big account like HD they will most likely move their production to China like Homelite did to compete financially with the small time saw makers.
Poulans are fine saws for people who don't cut much wood.
Heck I have a Poulan 2450 that I bought at HD back in 1995 because the saw was all I could afford at the time. The saw cuts very well still, has NEVER given me problems.
Since I bought 35 acres and installed a wood stove at my house, I cut a lot of wood now and I use my Stihls now. But my Poulan still gets used to cut small trees, brush, deer trails, shooting lanes and pallets. Starts every time, cuts everything I use it on.
I don't know why so much hate is thrust on Poulans.

Go ahead, really! I triple-dog-dare ya! I wouldn't bring that to a job unless it was to smash it after the job with a large piece of machinery, preferably while tipping a couple brews.

Although I can't say anything, my saw is ALL orange!

i bet all your toys were broken by boxing day when u were a kid as well:jawdrop: :laugh:

Back