NO WHINING

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake416

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It's back. There may be hope yet. Randymac should do another old growth spiders in my head thread. If he's still around. I might just carry on my rudeness.

image.jpg Is that a 50 footer in your avatar? Ive only had to buy 4, no 5 of them in my life. One was a Stihl, the other four were Spencers and I still have three. Lost one 15 years ago.

Don't know how or why but that 50 spencer made it almost 17 years off and on in the woods.

I don't want to go away, please don't make me. I would be sad.

Don't know how or why but that 50 spencer made it almost 17 years off and on in the woods.

I don't want to go away, please don't make me. I would be sad.
The only thing worse than loosing a bar wrench is loosing a Spencer. Lol
You can stay if you behave, or I will report you! Lol
John

for the record, stihl tapes are rebranded spencer tapes. the husky tapes are where it's at. way easier to replace tape, or replace/adjust rewind. the spencer tapes just seem beyond hurt'n after using the husky tapes. coming from a husky guy i know but i'm not biased to tapes. i use what i like with anything! i got 2 spencers and 2 huskies. i'll trade both spencers for one husky tape! LOL

for the record, stihl tapes are rebranded spencer tapes. the husky tapes are where it's at. way easier to replace tape, or replace/adjust rewind. the spencer tapes just seem beyond hurt'n after using the husky tapes. coming from a husky guy i know but i'm not biased to tapes. i use what i like with anything! i got 2 spencers and 2 huskies. i'll trade both spencers for one husky tape! LOL
Never seen a Husky tape yet. Some guys go thru stuff faster than boot laces. Lol

Never seen a Husky tape yet. Some guys go thru stuff faster than boot laces. Lol

they are the bomb, everything about them is nicer, smaller, lighter. they come with the hinge nail as well. alot of guys don't like them but i do. they hang over the end of the butt and the hinge of the nail opens up when you pull on the tape rather then the straight nail getting all kinked when pulled on. alot of guys don't like the hinge nail and install the spencer style nail on the husky tape but i don't get it. the husky nail is way better IMO.

they are the bomb, everything about them is nicer, smaller, lighter. they come with the hinge nail as well. alot of guys don't like them but i do. they hang over the end of the butt and the hinge of the nail opens up when you pull on the tape rather then the straight nail getting all kinked when pulled on. alot of guys don't like the hinge nail and install the spencer style nail on the husky tape but i don't get it. the husky nail is way better IMO.
On the Spencer I bought a few Bailey's nails, but they dont stick in very well in frozen wood.image.jpg

On the Spencer I bought a few Bailey's nails, but they dont stick in very well in frozen wood.View attachment 433288

the husky tape nails don't even need to stick in really. just hang them over the butt and give a little push to just make a dent for them to hold onto. walk the log limbing, bucking, and in the end a light tug has it rewinding back. i didn't want to try them at first cause i was hell bent on spencer tapes but another guy convinced me otherwise. sure a spencer tape can have a husky nail installed but the husky is still easier to replace the tape or rewind and rewind tension can be adjusted in a second without any tools.

Latest posts

Back