Northeast GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I sure would love to come but it's a little too far at 6 1/2 hours....plus we're usually swamped with work around that time.

TIMBERWOLF wants to be here for the open house/GTG BUT he can't come on the 29th & 30th he would rather it be the 14th & 15th of May like I had first scheduled.......... So What date works for you guys????

Scott

Hey, no need to change things for me. If I can't come, it's no big deal. :cheers:

i'm game!

if i'm not in the middle of a big money job.

with Obamanomics going on i should have plenty of time on my hands.

Any interest in just combining the two and doing it in Greenwich (Just east of Albany NY)? (or here in Cortland NY) We are going to be pushing mama nature just a little bit...as there is still snow on the road! (Should be fine in a couple of weeks though) We have two date's in play...early April weather permitting, and late April early may...you are about 3 hours east of here....it would be nice to hear from YOU folks thinking of attending either or both on the best approach for you.

Last edited:
Greenwich

Yea, I said greenwich because its about an hour from MA, CT, 30 min from VT and central in NY. All the guys from MA or CT would end up driving all day. It's like right in the middle if you want to come from say syracuse, or from east of there... PlantB is going to drive like 5hrs from Maine, it'll end up being like 8 or 9 if he has to go there... Good good???

:confused:

Point being..what?

Better to have two?

Better to combine in Greenwich?

Looks like to get the most folks out it is better to have both...there is quite a few from western New York, Northern PA, NJ, and CNY...

Last edited:
huh?

Point being..what?

Better to have two?

Better to combine in Greenwich?

Looks like to get the most folks out it is better to have both...there is quite a few from western New York, Northern PA, NJ, and CNY...

I think you took that wrong... I wasn't saying don't have the one in cortland... But people could catch the one in Greenwich if they were too far east. I plan on being at the one in cortland... Should be a good time
:rock:

Not to poop on anyone's party, but wouldn't it make a lot more sense to hold something like this in a more central location as to where the majority of the population is located in the northeast?

Looks to me like the Hartford/Springfield area would keep this within a reasonable driving distance for most of the NE.

http://maps.howstuffworks.com/northeast-region-population-density-map.htm

Not to poop on anyone's party, but wouldn't it make a lot more sense to hold something like this in a more central location as to where the majority of the population is located in the northeast?

Looks to me like the Hartford/Springfield area would keep this within a reasonable driving distance for most of the NE.

Yeah, well...

Having a chainsaw GTG in a populated area is about as popular as having a shootin' match in a populated area.

Wide open spaces (wooded, of course) are kind of the whole point.

You also need someone who is an AS member who owns the property or is related to the owner of the property, and who will be willing to host a bunch of wackos wielding loud, sharp, dangerous tools; making cookies out of their firewood logs!

Ya can't just point to the map and say, "Lets have it HERE!!!" :)

Yeah, well...

Having a chainsaw GTG in a populated area is about as popular as having a shootin' match in a populated area.

Wide open spaces (wooded, of course) are kind of the whole point.

You also need someone who is an AS member who owns the property or is related to the owner of the property, and who will be willing to host a bunch of wackos wielding loud, sharp, dangerous tools; making cookies out of their firewood logs!

Ya can't just point to the map and say, "Lets have it HERE!!!" :)

I didn't suggest having it in the middle of downtown Hartford or Springfield, just someplace more central to where the bulk of the people are in the northeast. :monkey:

Last time I checked, there was a lot of wooded space from northern central CT up through central MA! I hear what you're saying about finding someone willing to host it, but having it in NY significantly reduces the number of people living in New England who will drive that far... Remember, not everyone in New England lives in western CT or MA.

Lmao

5 hours for me and the 5 guys I know will be coming... I can be in Philly in 5, or DC in 8. It's just over 2 to get to greenwich, where they have a big field and 90 cord of of logs. 3 for the guys in montreal that will be coming south...

Greenwich is only 2.5hrs from Hartford, just over 4 from Portland, ME. How far can anyone else be? It's right on the border of VT, like 20 Min or so... That seems pretty central to me. It's even less than 4 hours from Boston, and and if anyone from western, NY comes say syracuse it's just over 3 for them. :clap:

5 hours for me and the 5 guys I know will be coming... I can be in Philly in 5, or DC in 8. It's just over 2 to get to greenwich, where they have a big field and 90 cord of of logs. 3 for the guys in montreal that will be coming south...

Greenwich is only 2.5hrs from Hartford, just over 4 from Portland, ME. How far can anyone else be? It's right on the border of VT, like 20 Min or so... That seems pretty central to me. It's even less than 4 hours from Boston, and and if anyone from western, NY comes say syracuse it's just over 3 for them. :clap:

I have made every one of those drives. You are being very optomistic my friend.

Yip

I have made every one of those drives. You are being very optomistic my friend.

That's exactly my point. I'll drive 2 or 3 hours, not 5. I wouldn't expect anyone else to either. It could always be broken up into 2. People farther than say 4 hours could go to another one. PA, or parts of it are only about 2 hours from Greenwich. It's just above albany, not that far at all, maybe 45min. I'd hope some folks from albany would get to go also as well as some from western, ny, VT, NH, CT, ME, and MA.

:cheers:

That's exactly my point. I'll drive 2 or 3 hours, not 5. I wouldn't expect anyone else to either. It could always be broken up into 2. People farther than say 4 hours could go to another one. PA, or parts of it are only about 2 hours from Greenwich. It's just above albany, not that far at all, maybe 45min. I'd hope some folks from albany would get to go also as well as some from western, ny, VT, NH, CT, ME, and MA.

:cheers:

Cadyville Ny 2.25 hour drive
Syracuse NY 3 hour drive
Buffalo NY 5 hour drive
Binghamton NY 3 hour drive
Utica NY 2 hour drive
Boston Ma 4 hour drive
Rutland Vt 1.5 hour drive
Burlington Vt 2.5 hour drive
Danbury Ct 3 hour drive
Waterbury Ct 3 hour drive
Albany NY 1 hour drive
I-87 Canadian Border 3.5 hour drive
Springfield Ma 2.5 hour drive
N Norway Me 5.5 hours
Leesburg Va 7 hour drive time
Milwaukee Wi 14.5 hour drive
Seattle Wa 43 hour drive

As far as having the GTG here I am a Arboristsite Sponsor And a Power Equipment Dealer. For those who attend I will Have Dolmar Rep and Product Sales, Timberwolf Rep and Sales, also Redmax Rep, as well as Oregon Rep and sales. And Seeing it is combined with our stores open house I will also have reps from Ventrac, Ferris, and maybe eXmark as well... I am not twisting anyones are to drive all day or night to be here but there are campgrounds near here plenty of hotel/motels not too far away. Hopefully the weather will be on our side this time. We will have plenty of door prizes and giveouts for those who attend. Also made fresh Apple Donuts, and Apple slushies, A few BBQ grills going as well...... White and Chocolate FRESH milk from a LOCAL CREAMERY Cold Pepsi products, BYOB

Thank You
Scott

Cool two GTG in a month hopefully I can take the time off. I think it's about 4 hours from Rochester. Scott, is Jeff from Atlantic Power your Dolmar rep?

Latest posts

Back