Not a free chainsaw but close.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to the dump today to get rid of some trash. Sitting right next to the household bins is the swap shed. I went over just to read the sign and saw a Stihl BR400 leaf blower just sitting there....filthy and oil covered.

I gave the pull starter a quick tug and it had pretty good compression. The muffler was with it but not installed. I decided to give it 1/2 hour of my time and brought it home.

This thing is missing several screws and has quite a number of zip ties on it.

I removed the plug and it was pretty fouled, but gave a very solid spark.

I looked through the muffled port and P/C are in good enough to start shape. Then I noticed that all 4 cylinder bolts were loose. I tightened those, put the plug back in, and pulled the cord twice......not 3 times.....because it was running....very loudly with no muffler. I was about 6 minutes into it at this point.....wow is this thing easy to work on.

I found some metric screws in my spare parts pile, put the muffler on and brought it outside. It blows wet maple leaves without issue at 1/4 throttle.

WOW.

Latest posts

Back