not everything orange and white is expensive...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Went to my local shop today to get some chain files. I showed them the chain and hw went and got me a three pack of stihl 7/32" files. $5.00. I hand him the money and take out one file. I leave he says "hey you left these" (the other 2). I said "wow i thought it was 5 for one". Its been a while since i bought files, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Our local True Value hardware store has become a Stihl dealer, has saws up to the 660 and everything down, even two models of cutoff saws. He also has the three pack of files for $5. To think I was paying almost $7 dollars for a two pack of Oregon files. I don't have any Stihl chains yet but the 3/8 looks like it takes the 13/64 file. I bought several packs of the 5/32,3/16,and 7/32 thinking they were probably mismarked. REJ2.

i bought a pack of files the other day for 10 bucks, but i got 15 of them.....the files cut pretty good too, and they have lasted longer than the stihl file that came with the kit. I wont go around saying they are better but for what i paid its well worth it. plus im going to have that box around for awhile.

i bought a pack of files the other day for 10 bucks, but i got 15 of them.....the files cut pretty good too, and they have lasted longer than the stihl file that came with the kit. I wont go around saying they are better but for what i paid its well worth it. plus im going to have that box around for awhile.
What brand did you get and from where? REJ2

Back