Not the typical end product of chainsaw work (pic heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qbilder

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What do all of yall do with the wood you cut, besides burning it? Things I do aren't typically associated with chainsaws but without my saws, there's no way I could do the things I do. I do a lot of woodworking & it all begins with a chainsaw. I get a lot of satisfaction from building things literally from scratch, from tree to finished product. My arsenal consists of an ms170, 029, ms390, ms460, & 084. Each saw has a pretty specific purpose and each one is a critical tool in my shop. Here are a few things I have built from what began as a day cutting trees. While i'm not technically a professional logger/arborist/tree cutter/miller, my work certainly is dependent on it.

ms390 to cut the hickory burl, walnut, & sugar maple in this billiard cue:

029 & 084 to cut the cedar & alligator juniper for this TV stand:

ms170 to trim up this driftwood live oak burl for a lamp:

That's Awesome work...I often see beautiful wood while cutting and splitting and think to myself....
What a shame it is to burn it...if i only had the skills to make something out of it.. and you clearly do..

What do all of yall do with the wood you cut, besides burning it? Things I do aren't typically associated with chainsaws but without my saws, there's no way I could do the things I do. I do a lot of woodworking & it all begins with a chainsaw. I get a lot of satisfaction from building things literally from scratch, from tree to finished product. My arsenal consists of an ms170, 029, ms390, ms460, & 084. Each saw has a pretty specific purpose and each one is a critical tool in my shop. Here are a few things I have built from what began as a day cutting trees. While i'm not technically a professional logger/arborist/tree cutter/miller, my work certainly is dependent on it.

ms390 to cut the hickory burl, walnut, & sugar maple in this billiard cue:

029 & 084 to cut the cedar & alligator juniper for this TV stand:

ms170 to trim up this driftwood live oak burl for a lamp:

:bowdown: Very nive work!

Beautiful work! I really like that tv stand.

Isn't there a guy in Hawaii who cuts his own wood then uses it to make some awesome furniture? ;) :bowdown:

Amazing work, but that cue is out of this world! I think I remember looking at some of your work here in the past. Where at in Ohio do you cut?

wonderful example of craftsmanship.

I too feel bad sometimes when bucking a large red oak into firewood length and wondering what wonderful things it could have been. Bucked up a sweet gum today from the top down. What a pain but it was in a very confined spot and over a mobile home. Used a 66' manlift to access it and had that thing extended to the max. I didn't feel bad about cutting that one up. We also did a 24" oak too but my son bucked that so no guilt on my part. lol.

Excellent craftsmanship! However there needs to be a lot more pics to be considered "pic heavy"! Only remedy, keep posting pics of your cool creations.:msp_biggrin:

Where at in Ohio do you cut?

Around the Chillicothe, Wellston, Vinton Co. areas. I grew up there & have access to lots of the family forested properties.

Thanks for the kind words, yall. I was just wondering what everybody else does with the wood they cut. Here's a few more:

Buckeye burl into ebony cue with curly chalk maple & bubinga accents:

Cue with alligator juniper burl:

Wood that I milled for cues. It's mulberry, maple burl, walnut crotch, & a red oak stump. I sat all of it aside from the firewood pile. Lots of cool stuff in the firewood bin :bang:

Back