Noth Idaho loggers.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any loggers from N Idaho on here? My family and I are looking to move back to N Idaho and I am hunting a logging job. Preferably falling or running a cat or skidder but I am willing to do most anything. Although I have not posted on here much in the last few years some of you know me and my logging background. I have over ten years experience in the woods and have owned and operated my own crews most of that time. Thanks for the help!

Any loggers from N Idaho on here? My family and I are looking to move back to N Idaho and I am hunting a logging job. Preferably falling or running a cat or skidder but I am willing to do most anything. Although I have not posted on here much in the last few years some of you know me and my logging background. I have over ten years experience in the woods and have owned and operated my own crews most of that time. Thanks for the help!

Plenty of work around there, get on the state job service web page.

We're over there at the moment. Stealing their logs, screwing their women and running over their dogs....At least that's what we tell them.

You can have my logs, and I'd pay you to take the woman, but the dogs?!?? Now you've got trouble! Unless u'r talking about yappy lil ones. They're fair game in my book.

Mr. Willock, best of luck with the move and job search. I didn't even people lived in Idaho, so I can't really help. Have a coors on me and Sam

Thanks Rounder, I'll take a look at that. Ive still got a couple of logging contacts out there that I am waiting to here back from. We are looking at the orofino/Peirce wieppe area although my contacts are in latah. What are you seeing for typical pay out there?

Plenty of work around there, get on the state job service web page.

We're over there at the moment. Stealing their logs, screwing their women and running over their dogs....At least that's what we tell them.

Better watch those overload tickets..........

Wait, I thought you said stealing their women. Nevermind..:msp_thumbup:

When I moved to Idaho, a buddy of mine expained how my wife would 'move up the hotness scale' due to the local competition or lack thereof.

Been gone 20 years though.........

Now back to your search.....

Thanks Rounder, I'll take a look at that. Ive still got a couple of logging contacts out there that I am waiting to here back from. We are looking at the orofino/Peirce wieppe area although my contacts are in latah. What are you seeing for typical pay out there?

Not sure what the going rate over there is, I work for a contractor out of Western MT. I've heard they generally make a little more, but have a bit longer breakup then us.

Specific contractors?...No.

St. Maries is a logging town though, like nothing I've seen before. Big shops everywhere, trucks and crummies non-stop. The drainage I'm up has 3 other yarder shows, aside from the two we have. We've got 3 more upstream on a different crick.

The big truck show runs 180 (from what I've heard, sure looks like it to me), + lowboys and dump trucks out of St Maries.

Seems like a good place to be.

-Off to bed, 4hr drive there in the AM. Good luck - Sam

St.Marines is a nice town. I've fished the rivers there quite a bit. I just don't like the price of land since all the kalifornians have moved in.:

Latest posts

Back