Now I'm on the Culvert Crew

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I think I cut my way out of a job with my 346 KD and now I'm on the culvert crew.The "fallers" I was working with liked their 365's and 575's with 32" bars for cutting 12" wood with a few goon trees thrown in. One faller came into camp drunk and got fired cause it's a dry camp and the other faller quite because he was "fatigued."
Anywho, now I'm on the culvert crew and a Volvo rock truck driven by a girl dumped it's load into the 10 ft ditch on top of us almost. Then the other faller I was working with went over the bank with a Bomag tamper. We laughed our guts out.
Anyway, why the big bars on such a measily saw?
And I don't want any remarks about me being a cull. It's all indians up here I'm working with, so I'm in good hands.
John

Last edited:
Nothing like putting your life on the line to cut a few trees and go camping..........

John, U need to write a book of your life's experiences traveling etc.

I liked the one about the bus trip last year ( I think). :cheers:

Pics

This damned story isn't the same w/out some pics buddy... Your one lucky bird to be gettin' to be out there like that...

:cheers: eh?

Hey John, how the heck have you been? And where have you been? We need some pictures to truly appreciate the cull - I mean culvert work you are doing! :greenchainsaw:

Yep, I miss the frequent post and pics too. Gypo Logger was one of the guys that got me hooked on AS. I really enjoyed reading the old posts.

Get us some pics, John!

My old carriage road back to my property is in such bad need of some culverts.
Please pass on anything you might be learning. Really what I need is get the backhoe up there and some culverts and just do the damn work. Good luck up there sounds like hell, I mean fun.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

:monkey: .......Demoted from Faller to culvert ape!.....Hahahahahaha!

Or basically Dennis,,,,,,I suppose that's almost a nice way of sayin,,,,,,,He got Culled!!!!!!!!!!!! :monkey: :clap: :monkey:

How about some Pics John,,,Either of the Girl or the culverts,,,,,,, somethin?????? Yes see everyone loves the pics!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I quit, tossed the hardhat, hi vis vest and the safey glasses. Everyone else quit or got fired and once again I was the only one left. I went from the culvert crew to burning slash with tiger torch and when the foreman started beeking off I blew a gasket. and burned rubber all the way out of camp. I guess you could say I lost it, but I have been working since Aug 15 with only a week off.
This limp wristed faller's certificate makes the difference between 24$ and 65$/hr. even though I was cutting circles around these woodticks fresh out of fallers school. One faller actually though I was there to pack his gas and limb his trees, but I smartened him up quick. And why wouldn't I.
So I'm going to get my certification so I can be a "faller." Loggers are much cooler than fallers aren't they. Lol
It was 29 below yesterday.
John

Yesterday I quit, tossed the hardhat, hi vis vest and the safey glasses. Everyone else quit or got fired and once again I was the only one left. I went from the culvert crew to burning slash with tiger torch and when the foreman started beeking off I blew a gasket. and burned rubber all the way out of camp. I guess you could say I lost it, but I have been working since Aug 15 with only a week off.
This limp wristed faller's certificate makes the difference between 24$ and 65$/hr. even though I was cutting circles around these woodticks fresh out of fallers school. One faller actually though I was there to pack his gas and limb his trees, but I smartened him up quick. And why wouldn't I.
So I'm going to get my certification so I can be a "faller." Loggers are much cooler than fallers aren't they. Lol
It was 29 below yesterday.
John

Make it happen...and keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back