Now im wainting for the super pro!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just copped me a Mcculloch super pro 81E!!
She is coming from Oregon so i guess that it will be a little while.
My friends dad had one and it really made me want one.
Anyone here have one?

Congrats !!!!
Got a Super Pro 70....great saw!!

Your gonna love it if your like old Mac's.

Is wainting like fainting and waiting at the same time? Don't worry I would too if I was expecting an sp81.:)

Here wet your whistle....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yK7hXUQ8X9k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yK7hXUQ8X9k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Ha ha, I am now waiting!!!
I recently saw that flick. Looks like he needs to make that chain alittle more agressive to properly suit the power, hickory to boot!!
I hope that she is full of compression so the paint that i will be applying will fool me into thinking that she is NEW. Does anyone have a method to re-rubber handle bars?

I used some 3M industrial shrink wrap from an electrical supply store on some handlebars. It's tricky getting it around the bends, but once you get it on and hit it with the heat gun it's nice and grippy, and even thick enough to cut the vibes down a bit.

Never ran a SP81E or know what a SP118 is. I do know the 2 Mac 125's I got are a hoot to run. Big, ugly and loud but sure get it done. Sorta like me except for the get it done part.:) Just like the 090's and the 088 but different!:dizzy:

the Mac SP118 is actually a Sachs Dolmar 166........ Dolmar had made 6 different models for Aus. Mac back in the eightys. Hers a LINK..
http://macbobaust.com/saws69.html

the Sachs Dolmars were as follows 110, 115, 116si, 120si, 133super and 166
attachment.php

attachment.php

PS Dolmar had nothing to do with the Mac double eagle 50 lol

Scott

Last edited:
the Mac SP118 is actually a Sachs Dolmar 166........ Dolmar had made 6 different models for Aus. Mac back in the eightys. Hers a LINK..
http://macbobaust.com/saws69.html

the Sachs Dolmars were as follows 110, 115, 116si, 120si, 133super and 166
attachment.php

attachment.php

PS Dolmar had nothing to do with the Mac double eagle 50 lol

Scott

Scott,
Cool link thanks! You learn something new everyday, I had no idea. Funny thing, I know were a Mac Double Eagle 50 sits that I could get for free and all it needs is a clutch and drum. Not that I want it but I would guess it is an Efco product?

Your going to like that 81, and it will surprise you when you jam it into a big chumk of wood. I have a Pro Mac 850, which is a newer version in that family. They got a neet sound as well.

Cuttinscott: I'l say it again; nobody knows Dolmar better than you. I never knew they private labeled for Mac.

PS--I guess we can call 'em Zebras, right???

Last edited:
I have an SP81E and I love the beast. set it on a log and in about 4 seconds you're gonna be knee deep in spaghetti. It cuts so hard you think the chain is gonna blow. Unfortunately the last time i ran mine the cylinder was full of bar oil and am currently working on that. 36"bar no prob.

I am going to put some square skip chain on it when i get it caus the chain it is coming with is about kicked.
Spike60 you are right about the sound, all of the older macs have a very raw sound.
When i was Still in school back in Oregon my buddies dad had a bunch of macs rotting beneath the grass in the front yard. There was a BP1, CP 125,and about 4 other biggies that i dont remember. I asked him if i could have the CP, he had no problem with that. The suckie part is that i left the jug and piston at school so im sure that it has been long thrown away. It was worn out an way. But if my packing is still intact, i have everything else to make a CP 125 and that is the saw that i am shooting for next!
Does anyone know what the differences are between the CP 125, SP 125, and SP 125C? I always thought the CP was a chrome bore, but then wouldent that be the same as the Sp125C?

I LOVE MACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Old Giants...

Have a look at "The Old Giants" thread, post #25. I suppose there are other places with information as well, might try a search on CP125 to see what turns up.

I love my SP125C's and should get a chance to run them a little next weekend in Baraboo, WI.

Mark

attachment.php

Well i recieved my SP 81e today and let me just say that the sellers feed back will not be 5 stars!
The saw has no chain tebsioner, a useless clutch cover, trashed mounts,(one wasent even tightend down!), a JB'd up gass tank,(looks like they where too lazy to replace a gasket, and NO SPARK!!

It has good compressopn though!!

So where can i get a coil, mounts, and a clutch cover??

Get the part numbers then..

Check with Bob (607 638 9297), you can only reach him by phone or fax - same number.

He will surprise you with what he has.

If you are really hard up, give me the part numbers and I will see if I have anything you can use. Not sure how much of the SP81 is like the other saws I have but I might have a few parts around that you can use, I'm high dollar though!

Mark

Back