Nozzle for bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IntegrityCarpentry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone seen these or know where something similar could be found. This is probably over 5 years old and the guy can’t remember where he bought it. It has a twist lock to keep oil from flowing when tipped. It was probably not made for oil jugs and he thought that there may have been a hose attached to the tip.

I thought it was gimmicky when I first started helping, now I think it’s pretty sweet and sad that it’s inner fitting is damaged and now worthless.

Attachments

• 49789591-9BC6-4BBE-A8FE-DB5088BA82FB.jpeg
    49789591-9BC6-4BBE-A8FE-DB5088BA82FB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
Go to your nearest Menard's and look in the area where the fuel cans and funnels are. They have clever little spouts in red, yellow, green, and blue that will fit either 1 quart or 1 gallon jugs. No twist off but they do have a cap for the spout. Makes filling even 600 Series McCulloch oil tanks pretty easy.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...-d058-46b6-a3ef-83f8f3286618&ipos=5&exp=false
Mark
Now that’s an awesome idea!! Thank you so much! We have Menards hour and a half away. Your a blessing!!!!

Just saw about your museum last week. We live about 2 hours west on Ames near hwy 30. Somehow someway we have got to make it out to see it. Thank you so much for all you do. Do you do any events or special activities, programs or such? I am about to have my ninth child and we enjoy working together on cutting splitting and stacking wood. Yesterday we got together for a day of it helping a family. The children do ok with axes and saws but definitely have room to grow.

There will be a GTG (Get Together) in Chelsea, IA in April, I'll report back with the actual date when I remember. I generally take a few interesting saws along. There are typically 30 to 50 guys there on Saturday depending on the weather. Many, many saws (vintage and modern, modified and plain old stock) and always plenty of food.

I have not tried to put together anything here at the museum yet but I am considering a day when I invite any and all who can attend to help me get more saws cleaned up so I can move them into the display.

I am in the shop most days but it never hurts to check ahead just to be sure if you are coming this direction.

Mark

Now that’s an awesome idea!! Thank you so much! We have Menards hour and a half away. Your a blessing!!!!

Just saw about your museum last week. We live about 2 hours west on Ames near hwy 30. Somehow someway we have got to make it out to see it. Thank you so much for all you do. Do you do any events or special activities, programs or such? I am about to have my ninth child and we enjoy working together on cutting splitting and stacking wood. Yesterday we got together for a day of it helping a family. The children do ok with axes and saws but definitely have room to grow.
If you are looking for an event and activity, come to the 2023 Iowa GTG (get together) on April 21 & 22. We are east of you right in the middle between Cedar Rapids and Marshalltown. The event is outside of Chelsea, zip code 52215. We will have the logs set up before hand or may be finishing up on Friday the 21st and then will be cutting, visiting, eating, etc on the 22nd. Let me know if you want more details.

If you are looking for an event and activity, come to the 2023 Iowa GTG (get together) on April 21 & 22. We are east of you right in the middle between Cedar Rapids and Marshalltown. The event is outside of Chelsea, zip code 52215. We will have the logs set up before hand or may be finishing up on Friday the 21st and then will be cutting, visiting, eating, etc on the 22nd. Let me know if you want more details.
Please send more details. We could come on Friday maybe but not Saturday. We have ninth baby coming any day now and not sure what work will be looking like but this is something I would really want to try hard to get to with the family!

Please send more details. We could come on Friday maybe but not Saturday. We have ninth baby coming any day now and not sure what work will be looking like but this is something I would really want to try hard to get to with the family!
The entire family is certainly welcome. We have some that bring the family and make an outing of it. Friday afternoons usually involve last minute preparations for Saturday. We will have the grill or a fire ring going to cook meat on for Friday evening, so bring something you want to grill and any sides and we make a potluck type meal. Some will spend the night at the farm (camping, sleeping in the heated shop) or at nearby motels. We have some attenders that bring goods to sell or swap. We make breakfast simple with some rolls, donuts and breakfast pizza and for lunch we will provide the main course and everyone brings food to share for salads, desserts, etc. We have logs of all sizes set up off the ground to run saws.
Address:
3507 V Ave
Chelsea, IA 52215

Go to your nearest Menard's and look in the area where the fuel cans and funnels are. They have clever little spouts in red, yellow, green, and blue that will fit either 1 quart or 1 gallon jugs. No twist off but they do have a cap for the spout. Makes filling even 600 Series McCulloch oil tanks pretty easy.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...-d058-46b6-a3ef-83f8f3286618&ipos=5&exp=false
Mark
These are what I have used for a couple years. Perfect for me. Really easy to stop the flow before overfilling.

Back