nwp p&c kits, opinions please?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C SAW 090

Extremist Chainsaw Junkie
Reaction score
I have a few big saws that need p&c kits, is nwp good? If not who makes a quality aftermarket piston for a 3120/395? Thanx

Meteor makes a Cylinder kit for the 395. Most will say Meteor makes the best Aftermarket piston and cylinder

I have found it hard to find quality aftermarket p/c stuff for the 3120. I tried a golf piston and wasn't impressed. I tried the p/c kit from the greek guy on ebay, and it had some pitting in it. I haven't tried a NWP. I would be interested to hear if you find anything of decent quality.

I have found it hard to find quality aftermarket p/c stuff for the 3120. I tried a golf piston and wasn't impressed. I tried the p/c kit from the greek guy on ebay, and it had some pitting in it. I haven't tried a NWP. I would be interested to hear if you find anything of decent quality.
Why didn't u like the golf piston?

The problem I had with the golf was that the skirts were too long and had to be dremeled to clear the crank. The intake and exhaust skirts were also drastically different thicknesses. It had a lot of casting slag all around the windows. That being said, I have had it on my milling saw and ran about 10-15 tanks of fuel through it and haven't had any problems. I wouldn't have put it in a saw that I needed to make a living though.

Latest posts

Back