NY Game of Logging Cert.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatchin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I will be taking the level one course for the NY game of logging. The class is in two weeks. Just curious to see what the ny guys have to say about the class that have taken it.

I plan on finding a company/crew to work with once i get out of college (junior in high school right now) and possibly during summers. a few guys that i've talked with say that taking these courses will help me get a job position quicker b/c of havin "offical training/cert." on my side.

thanks for any comments

you planning to go to college for forestry. I am planning to go to the university of maine once i get out of high school. I am a sophmore right now. By the way just got a 372XP with a 20" bar. Nice saw!
:greenchainsaw:

I'll take some Natural Resource classes but not major in them....im a farm boy so its gonna be ag buissness/managment-dairy program.

I dont plan on havin career in forestry but do it for a few years. Just been one of the things i want to do b4 operating the family dairy farm for the rest of my life....but i still will be cuttin trees when in can.

Im takin these courses b/c the lumber mill 8 miles north of us (Baliey Lumber) prefers to buy from certified guys. I hope it will make it easier to be hired by a company w/ me havin the cert.

Morrisville college is down the road from you. They have some sawmill and forestry classes that should fit in with the egg work. The best of luck to you.

yup thats the college i'll be goin to-my sister is graduating from there this year from the 2 year dairy program.

I spend most of my time over at the milling section. A friend of mine did the fish thing at Morrisville and my wife gets her nursing paper work this weekend from there. It is a good school, have some fun and don't get carried away with it. The best of luck to you.

The Game of Logging

I have been running chainsaws my whole life and thought I knew everything about cutting. I took levels 1, 2, and 3 of the game of logging. What a great class. I had a great instructor, Bill Lindloff. This man knows his business.
The best way to go into the class is to have an open mind and listen to the instructor completely. Good luck and enjoy the class.:chainsaw:

Goatchin:

The Game of Logging classes are really worth the time and cost. They are focused on "safety"; using the saw, cutting the tree, limbing, bucking, etc. They do teach techniques and how-to's, but safety is the main mission. Anyone, whether the professional or the weekender, can benefit from this type of traning. You are a young so now is a great time to invest in some education.

I have meet Bill Lindloff a few times at the NY Woodsmen's Days where he is a GOL competiton judge. He very good skills and is an excellent teacher. Hope he is your instructor.

Hey, Sherburne isn't too far from me. Any chance there's a few openings left in the class? I've been itchin' to take it for awhile. Do you have any contact info?

The contact man for central NY is Mike Burns at 1-518-463-1297 ext. 3

This class is a full as far as i know-I talked to him Friday afternoon and he said its gonna be a big class...call and see if theres a spot left. this class is in cortland/truxton area on Gutchess (sp) lumber mill. they are allowing the use of their woodlot and areas, This is what Mike told me friday. If there arent any spots left Mike might be able to tell you when the next class is and where at. good luck.

no problem, glad i could help you!

Recieved an email today from Mike sayin that Bill Lindloff is the instructor:clap:

I plan on taking this test as well, I get the training through a program my school offers. I live in Upstate NY as well, Tupper Lake region, Paul Smiths College is just around the bend from me. Through the program, I get my CPR training, Game of Logging cert., as well as many others. Ive been in the Adirondacks all my life and love it. Can someone explain what the levels are?

Wow is all i can say. Bill Lindloff is a top notch guy. very informative and knowledgeable. I learned more in the past two days than i would have in a week of just cutting by myself. He's got one hell of a sense of humor, some good stories and jokes, and was able to pass on knowledge from his own experiences and others as well...cant say enough-top notch guy and class.

I was able to get cert. in level 1 and 2.

Latest posts

Back