Obsessed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter did force me to admit how many saws I have the other week. But it doesn't matter anymore - the house is warm, and my kids don't really remember any other heat. They love the stoves.

Chris, maybe you should of asked her how many pairs of shoes she had? ;)

I really like the "how many pairs of shoes" comment. What we need is a mutually agreed upon pairs of shoes to saw ratio. Then I'd be able to CAD myself into as many saws as I "need." HAHAHA Great stuff!

I really like the "how many pairs of shoes" comment. What we need is a mutually agreed upon pairs of shoes to saw ratio. Then I'd be able to CAD myself into as many saws as I "need." HAHAHA Great stuff!
I got into it with my loving wife one time, I made an off the cuff remark about her having # pair of shoes and she told me I was wrong and way way off. Upon closer inspection I proved to her she indeed had that many(actually more), big mistake, silent treatment for a day or two if I remember correctly.

I got into it with my loving wife one time, I made an off the cuff remark about her having # pair of shoes and she told me I was wrong and way way off. Upon closer inspection I proved to her she indeed had that many(actually more), big mistake, silent treatment for a day or two if I remember correctly.
My friend has the saying "you can be right or you can be happy. I choose to be happy"

zero sense of humor!!!!! :ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Allow me to respond photographically...

And I've never been so proud as the day someone pointed out that you can see my stacks on the arial view on Google Earth! Ha!:chainsaw:

Yep. I get it.
its-beautiful.jpg

My wife is accusing me of being obsessed with our firewood.

First, there's identifying the trees to be taken down. This involves a multi-year plan, ongoing contemplation, and culminates each Summer in picking specific trees. Then there's cutting them down in late Fall, trying to have them land on the exact spot that I determine. Bucking them must be done to perfection, each piece just the right size, and the brush used properly for kindling or pushed together in graceful piles for the small critters. Splitting the chunks involves the balance of conformity of size mixed with some variety. Stacking is the crucial art to ensure full drying, as well as being able to look at those piles of well-balanced beauty. Of course, I keep a close watch on the piles during the year the wood is drying, making sure they retain their structure for my own pleasure and bragging rights. Finally, when the wood is blessed to be burned in the stove, one doesn't just grab an armload of wood. No, each piece is considered for its appropriateness in a mix based on season, temperature, who is in the house, and length of burn. And who doesn't spend intimate time with their wood stove? I've gotten to the point where I'm fairly confident I can adjust the dampers to the point where I can regulate the temp in the house within a degree or two.

I prefer to think of my behavior as "attentive to details."
Perfectly normal. That's what I do. (and my wife agrees!)

Yeah, but my daughter isn't like that. She's got a few pairs of shoes, no doubt, but she's the kind of girl who raised turkeys in her room, won ribbons at the state horse show and is now an animal science major. She thinks it's great that her Daddy cuts wood and heats with stoves - not that she'd miss an opportunity to but my chops about the saws. .

Allow me to respond photographically...

And I've never been so proud as the day someone pointed out that you can see my stacks on the arial view on Google Earth! Ha!:chainsaw:

Yep. I get it.

Holy Smokes man, that is one impressive wood supply. All the work put into that I'm not sure I would want to burn it!!

Great JOB!! :numberone::numberone::numberone:

Back