OF ALL YOUR SAWS THE MOST DEPEDABLE/TROUBLEFREE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that weve had trouble w/any of the other saws in the sig, because we havent Id say the 08S. That saw has done the job for atleast 35 years as I remember it when I was just a wee dąb.

The 045 I GAVE... yes GAVE... to my brother that my dad had been in the family for years and years.. stihl runs to this day.

Ms440. Bought it new in 04 or 05 never done any thing to it, can't even recall doing a fuel line.

The 045 I GAVE... yes GAVE... to my brother that my dad had been in the family for years and years.. stihl runs to this day.
nothing no better than memories of a simpler time in our lives, some of the old retired loggers around here i drink coffee with that have to hold the cup by both hands from using the old muscle saws from can to cant no such thing as carpal tunnel syndrom back then these are real men!!!!!

Trouble free 20 years is equal to some guy's 2 years of service. I get pristine 024/026/036 saws into my shop all the time that the owner's swear up and down have only cut 5 cords of wood, but also declare them to be the most reliable saws ever. Then I have guys that put down 300 cords a year and are damned happy their saw makes it two years without an issue.

Husky 154SE - VERY impressive runner. I'm doing an overhaul on it right now...for no other reason than its 30 years old and has had hundreds of hours of use and I plan on keeping it indefinetly. Always starts easy. Always run hard. Just feels right. Know what I mean? Seriously... all other saws just feel like tools to me...

372 bought 01 or 02. can't remember. it was also not treated lightly like AK doug says. it has cleared a number of sub devisions, been used in the mini mill, and has cut a ton of firewood. i do know what AK is saying though. i laugh when i here things like "i cut and burn 5 cords a year, saw has been super reliable". heck i cut and sell 5 cords on a weekend. i did rering my 372 last year though as it was getting tired for sure. amazing the thing still runs.

I would like to know what specific models of saws that are just renouwned for strength and reliability that people are using. The saw that has years of hard use and is still servicable for its age...For me its a ms261, always starts and never gives grief but i'm sure others with 1000's hours experience will be of value here...All OPE manufactors produce better/worse models in thier line up..what are they and why?

Most of my XP saws would run 2 years without much issue. After that the metal would start to crack and fracture from vibration with day to day use. We had a 285 that had countless hours on it. That was the saw that sticks out in my memory as far as durability. I no longer cut for a living, mostly just side work and tree removals maybe 300-500 cord a year. I have a pine job coming up 200 logs or so and I can tell you my 372's will be first to go if I have problems with the 562, I know I can finish the job in the time I quoted. CJ

Latest posts

Back