Oh 64 rebuild.... On the cheap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... Mine will never look like those:). I don't even like stihls that much;)

Can anyone give me a rundown on the order of assembly for the crank, bearings, and case halves? I usually just bearing the case then install the crank. I've read a bunch of different info on these as far as spacing the bearings/crank etc. don't want to mess it up!

install the oil pump in clutch side half heat half with heat gun drop bearing in until in seats against oil pump let cool for a few remove oil pump and put heat back onto bar pad heat will transfer into inner bearing race , freeze crank place crank into bearing in should drop all the way in once in let cool
coat half with 518 and install gasket and coat other side of gasket ,have fly side heating to install bearing and and repeat process

understand this ?

Yes sir. The pump part was the most needed info. So bearing in case halves then install crank. Sweet. Thank you very much.

I just remembered my neighbor has my other covers for this saw.... I'll have to dig into that!

Oh.. I believe add is real.... I just don't think kids need drugs to fix it. If I play video games and sit inside all day I get fidgety too. When I was a kid, I lived in the woods by my house. I was a roughian:) outside playing all day long. I came home tired and my mind was still rolling through ideas when I went to sleep. I was actually tested as a little boy for being slow in school when they found out I have a genius iq. Go figure... Some kids just have too much to process at one time when they're little. I think it's a blessing now, but my wife wouldn't mind if I was a bit better at finishing projects or if I would stop bringing home so many new ones...lol

I use my spastic life as an example now for all the little spazwads I encounter at church with our outreach programs. So many kids that people sit in corners that are just waiting to be understood and allowed to be crazy kids..:)

Great post. I'm the same way......they wanted me on Ritalin as a child. My folks said no.

I stayed in trouble in school........always bored. To this day I have trouble staying on task.....IQ is too high to be a "normal" person.

exact same thing happened to me......to the letter........seems a lot of us here have the same story.
I hated school........with a high I q it makes no sense to some but really I was board.
my boys where the same way.

Hello brother. :)

The bearing I went with are what Watson sells. They're chinese, but they do feel and look good. I'm a huge advocate for good bearings, but I got the set for 13bucks and rolled the dice. I'm not the first person to use these and I have yet to find one horror story... Maybe I'll be the first:)

I couldn't find my recoil housing or bar cover, but I just remembered I had my neighbor coat them... You know how it is with neighbors... When I have time:). I'm actually trying to find a running minimac for him to repair his paps old saw. Anyone have a good one? His was a very old one.
So those two parts will be some kind of fun camo. I told him to use whatever he had extra of as long as it wasn't pink... I'm a little nervous. ;)

Latest posts

Back