Oh boy, this ain't good, MS441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to say, a lot of the frustration here comes from having to do the same job over and over all while mentally calculating your losses. Being poked by carnival guessers with the ridiculous stick doesn't help the process either. Mark, you are a good guy for posting your less than optimal results here and keeping your wits about you, most of us just want to learn and possibly avoid any future pitfalls of the aftermarket world, I look forward to seeing the final repair.

I've got to say, a lot of the frustration here comes from having to do the same job over and over all while mentally calculating your losses. Being poked by carnival guessers with the ridiculous stick doesn't help the process either. Mark, you are a good guy for posting your less than optimal results here and keeping your wits about you, most of us just want to learn and possibly avoid any future pitfalls of the aftermarket world, I look forward to seeing the final repair.

I totally agree! I can NOT afford malfunctions like that, things have to go right the FIRST try!:bowdown:

I have seen this before when I was a diesel engine failure analysis man. Detroit Diesel had this same problem. It is called Port Edge Clipping, caused by the piston ring ends not being bent in if you will. The rings were made wrong, which caused the failure. This happened in the late 70's or early 80's.

I'm eating a bite of lunch and now you have given me something else to chew on. Off to do some research...thanks for your input.

Mark, you are dealing with this graciously, which is the only bright spot in this whole thread. The rest of it is an embarrassing display of bad behavior.

Thanks Walt, I turned over a new leaf, we will see how long it lasts. :laugh:

I totally agree! I can NOT afford malfunctions like that, things have to go right the FIRST try!:bowdown:

Yes it is nice to know what not to buy and where not to buy from as well.

Mark, you are dealing with this graciously, which is the only bright spot in this whole thread. The rest of it is an embarrassing display of bad behavior.

I agree with the last part.

Operator error all the way

Go away, the kids threads are down the hall to the left... ;)

Mark, I for one would like to know who refused your money back because with as many parts as I purchase I would not use them at all. If they won't stand behind an obvious manufacturing defect and instead blame it on the user (which I consider you to be way above the average builder here) I'm not taking that chance.

Give me a call sometime this week.........

Will do on the call.

I should clairify that the vendor did make mention of sending me yet another P/C in light of a refund. I'm afraid I had to decline that generous offer.

Will do on the call.

I should clairify that the vendor did make mention of sending me yet another P/C in light of a refund. I'm afraid I had to decline that generous offer.

would it be worth getting to slide one of the rings in and see if the rings fit right ?, the company may have just got some blem rings ,pistons and jugs may be ok

I made the call to the vendor of the cyls this morning as was told that since this happened twice in a row on the same saw, there has to be some other problem with the saw itself and not the fault of there P/C.

BullSh!t!!!:rant:

Sadly though this is the New Norm with Vendors of all kinds, I'd still be a thorn in their side about it myself, never know you might actually get some traction.
(cant hurt at this stage)

BullSh!t!!!:rant:

Sadly though this is the New Norm with Vendors of all kinds, I'd still be a thorn in their side about it myself, never know you might actually get some traction.
(cant hurt at this stage)

Y'know i've done business with the vendor in question.

And this thread or any other will not stop me from doing business in the future.

Sorry for your luck Mark, but sometimes you just get a saw that is jinxed!

Y'know i've done business with the vendor in question.

And this thread or any other will not stop me from doing business in the future.

Sorry for your luck Mark, but sometimes you just get a saw that is jinxed!

Have you ever added anything of value to any of the threads you pop into? Just askin. Seems you just pop in them to blow off at the mouth and try to stir trouble.

I never went out of the way to name this vendor and I sure didnt try to persuade anyone from doing business with them. Feel free to spend your money where ever you want to,

I just stated the facts of my business with them and was very happy with them till this second top end took a dump.

I was ready to give in to the fact that since I cleaned the first one up that all liability was on me for that one, no problem there, but when the second one broke after it was installed just the way that they instructed, straight out of the box I feel that they should stand behind there product that they sell. No more no less.

Dont be sorry for my luck, I knew what I was getting into with this AM top end,I just hoped for the best and was ready for the worst, which is what I got. This saw is not jinxed, its just these particular AM top ends that are being sold are junk. Period.

Have you ever added anything of value to any of the threads you pop into? Just askin. Seems you just pop in them to blow off at the mouth and try to stir trouble.

I never went out of the way to name this vendor and I sure didnt try to persuade anyone from doing business with them. Feel free to spend your money where ever you want to,

I just stated the facts of my business with them and was very happy with them till this second top end took a dump.

I was ready to give in to the fact that since I cleaned the first one up that all liability was on me for that one, no problem there, but when the second one broke after it was installed just the way that they instructed, straight out of the box I feel that they should stand behind there product that they sell. No more no less.

Dont be sorry for my luck, I knew what I was getting into with this AM top end,I just hoped for the best and was ready for the worst, which is what I got. This saw is not jinxed, its just these particular AM top ends that are being sold are junk. Period.

Damn Mark that hurt.

"The true measure of a Mans character is more how he deals with failure. Far more than how he deals with success"

When a company or an individual compromises one time, whether it's on price or principle, the next compromise is right around the corner .

"Glass, china, and reputation are easily cracked and never well mended."

When a company or an individual compromises one time, whether it's on price or principle, the next compromise is right around the corner .

Hit the nail on the head there Mark!:cool2:

Truer words have never been spoken. The bad always travels faster and longer than the good too!

Can I use that quote?????

It a damn good one for sure.

Latest posts

Back