Ohio Michigan Members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Badger sails untill Oct. 14th. And the express Ferry from Miwaukee to Muskegon runs till November 4th.

Steve might be a little green around the gills when he gets here, but it beats finding him next spring when the plow drivers finally sober up and find the roads in the U.P.

We gonna do this?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Looks like the Badger sails untill Oct. 14th. And the express Ferry from Miwaukee to Muskegon runs till November 4th.

Steve might be a little green around the gills when he gets here, but it beats finding him next spring when the plow drivers finally sober up and find the roads in the U.P.

We gonna do this?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Fear not Dinger, I've done battle with Chitcago traffic before, and not afraid to again if need be. Might have to take the farm truck though, hate putting wrinkles in the commuter car putting dorks in Lexuses in their place.

A definite maybe from me, depending on the date. If I am able to make this I might be able to bring a little oak piece. That is if I can find a way to load and unload it.

ok guys I am back! I see we are still trying to organize something. I like the lansing, battle creek, coldwater areas. I hope to be able to attend. I'm sorry I wasnt able to make something happen down here, life got in the WAY :msp_thumbdn: I hope to have the time to organize something for the spring.

Jeff

I'm in between Lansing and Jackson, Interested if I have the time between work, hunting and deer processing. Sounds like a good time!

-Curt

Spring would work for me. Located in the Howell area.

Something in the Lansing area would be good. Kinda splits the state east to west and somewhat north and south. :)

If only 5 or 6 guys were coming, in two vehicles, I could have it at my place near flint. I have a small drive and only about 5000 sf of yard. But I can bring some ash logs any where for making cookies out of. I may be able to get some pine logs too. Some body on this forum has to be a farmer with an open hayfield, right?

If only 5 or 6 guys were coming, in two vehicles, I could have it at my place near flint. I have a small drive and only about 5000 sf of yard. But I can bring some ash logs any where for making cookies out of. I may be able to get some pine logs too. Some body on this forum has to be a farmer with an open hayfield, right?

We got any saw dealers from the Mid-MI area? Or any MI area for that matter on the site??? How about saw Mill operators? Saw mills are a great place to have GTG's... Reject logs and cants galore. Just gotta pass the hat to help offset the cost of the logs...

Hi guys,

Been a busy summer for me with a new job, getting married, etc... Hope to be able to spend some more time on the site.

The comment in this thread about saw dealers intrigued me. My father in law sells Stihl. His shop is in Reese, MI (about 10 miles from Frankenmuth) and I live just outside of Vassar. Call it 10 miles from Muth as well. I mention Frankenmuth because just about everyone in MI knows where that is... Would be interested in meeting some of you guys. If we wanted to do something this fall yet, once our corn comes off I had plans to lay waste to a lot of fence rows. There is probably a good mile of fence line along our field right next to my house that we could play around with. My FIL doesn't have to cut much wood as he has a number of customers that try to butter him up and just drop off a load every now and again. He likes to get out and cut and would surely bring some toys to play with.

Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back