Ohio Michigan Members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still kicking around the idea. With the holidays and everything, it may be bad timing. Looking for possibly january or feb. Looking for some insight. Lets kick around some ideas.

Jeff

Still kicking around the idea. With the holidays and everything, it may be bad timing. Looking for possibly january or feb. Looking for some insight. Lets kick around some ideas.

Jeff

Why don't you guys up there have one in like, August..??? Some of us southerners would love an excuse to head north when it's boiling down here...
Just sayin...:msp_confused:

I'm on Hyne Airfield. Ravines of Woodland Lake, off of Hyne between Hacker and Hunter, sounds like we are close? Maybe I have seen your wood stacks:hmm3grin2orange:

Let me guess, your the guy on Hunter (near the tight bend and crappy section of the road) that has the splitter, the dual axle trailer, and the huge rounds I see from time to time?

No, but I am back in Woodland Hills/Airway Hills. I'm on Skylane Dr. That's the street that runs parallel to the runway on the east side. House is the red quad on the top of the hill. You can probably see the smoke rising from my chimney.

I'm on Hyne Airfield. Ravines of Woodland Lake, off of Hyne between Hacker and Hunter, sounds like we are close? Maybe I have seen your wood stacks:hmm3grin2orange:

Let me guess, your the guy on Hunter (near the tight bend and crappy section of the road) that has the splitter, the dual axle trailer, and the huge rounds I see from time to time?

"Crappy" doesn't do Hunter Rd justice. I think atrocious suits it much better. :smile2:

No, but I am back in Woodland Hills/Airway Hills. I'm on Skylane Dr. That's the street that runs parallel to the runway on the east side. House is the red quad on the top of the hill. You can probably see the smoke rising from my chimney.

OK, I think I can see your house from my house! I am on the other side of the runway on Airport Lane. (other side of the street from the runway). I will have to look for the smoke! Do you fly? (I don't, just liked the area/location), but all my neighbors do. It is pretty cool when some of those vintage WWII planes take off. Did you happen to catch the Lear jet that buzzed the runway last year? I swear that baby was 10 ft off the ground! That was awesome! KD

"Crappy" doesn't do Hunter Rd justice. I think atrocious suits it much better. :smile2:

Yes, it's funny every year they patch it up, like that is gonna help!

Looks like we have a few people from the general Brighton/Brighton Twp area. Shelbythedog, where abouts is the dog house?

This is good to know guys, sometimes I get a "scrounge" that is just too much for me. Will have to let you guys know the next time that happens. Not sure if your interested, but, willing to pass it on in a situation like that. KD

Why don't you guys up there have one in like, August..??? Some of us southerners would love an excuse to head north when it's boiling down here...
Just sayin...:msp_confused:

Cuz thats when us yankees are out mosquito hunting! I personally use a 12 gauge. I know it's a little light for the size of the skeetos we have up her but it works:msp_tongue:

Cuz thats when us yankees are out mosquito hunting! I personally use a 12 gauge. I know it's a little light for the size of the skeetos we have up her but it works:msp_tongue:
Head north aways a 12 Ga. will just pizz em off.#$@^% Twin engine fuel injected slaver jawed little bas@%&*'s:msp_scared:

Yes, it's funny every year they patch it up, like that is gonna help!

Looks like we have a few people from the general Brighton/Brighton Twp area. Shelbythedog, where abouts is the dog house?

This is good to know guys, sometimes I get a "scrounge" that is just too much for me. Will have to let you guys know the next time that happens. Not sure if your interested, but, willing to pass it on in a situation like that. KD

Member camr was nice enough to let me live in his house for the first 21 years of my life. BHS class of 2004! I've since fled the area and have a house in Midland County. But, when I was home for Thanksgiving he was kind enough to let me help with the firewood activities for a little bit.:clap:

Last edited:
So if I can suggest we do this get together in the spring. Right now with hollidays etc.. it'll be hard to coordinate anything. I have a distributor who covers MI, OH, PA & IN who can suggest some saw shop we can meet at to see the latest wood cutting equipment and wood stove/furnaces then go out for a drink.

Would that work?

So if I can suggest we do this get together in the spring. Right now with hollidays etc.. it'll be hard to coordinate anything. I have a distributor who covers MI, OH, PA & IN who can suggest some saw shop we can meet at to see the latest wood cutting equipment and wood stove/furnaces then go out for a drink.

Would that work?

I think that's a a cool proposition... You get some rep for that...
:rock:
OK... When "the man" lets me anyway...:angry2:

I know skeeters... I was born in Sault St. Marie... Then spent my high school years in Corunna, MI...
Gonna be visiting family next week in Byron / Fowlerville / and Charlotte...
Skeeters suck... Literally... But you need to experience chiggers... They are the devil... In bug form...
:hell_boy:

OK, I think I can see your house from my house! I am on the other side of the runway on Airport Lane. (other side of the street from the runway). I will have to look for the smoke! Do you fly? (I don't, just liked the area/location), but all my neighbors do. It is pretty cool when some of those vintage WWII planes take off. Did you happen to catch the Lear jet that buzzed the runway last year? I swear that baby was 10 ft off the ground! That was awesome! KD

Nope, not a pilot. I have a lot of vices but flying isn't one of them. Didn't see (or hear) the Lear but I've been in the neighborhood almost 30 years so I have witnessed some interesting stuff. We should make it a point to meet up some time when the saw crazy kid is in town.

Member camr was nice enough to let me live in his house for the first 21 years of my life. BHS class of 2004! I've since fled the area and have a house in Midland County. But, when I was home for Thanksgiving he was kind enough to let me help with the firewood activities for a little bit.:clap:

You're in luck! I see an opportunity for you to help out some more at Christmas!

Would that work?

I know it's not my shindig but I kinda agree with Fyrebug.
I would like to make one of these sometime but there is no way I can before March. A nice spring day would be great, but that's just me.:msp_confused:

I'm over near Gun Lake, & willing to take the trip as well. I'm liking the saw/stove shop/dinner idea. Feb or March work for me I think. Or if you all wanna run saws I'm good with that too. A C

I'm over near Gun Lake, & willing to take the trip as well. I'm liking the saw/stove shop/dinner idea. Feb or March work for me I think. Or if you all wanna run saws I'm good with that too. A C

Havn't seen you in a while AC, hope all's well!.

Any word on this? What do the rest of you think:givebeer:

Is anyone interested in a GTG near Lansing. I'm thinking pie hole stuffing, beer swilling, sh't talking, and cookie cutting, or whatever.

Back