Oil Cap Fell Off - Husqvarna 455

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnHermit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Saw wouldn't cut, went to put on a sharp chain and noticed no oil cap, hence no bar oil. From a past experience dry chains won't cut. Had my 435 with me, its oil cap fit so drained the oil from the 435 to the 455. Cut fine once the bar and chain got some oil. I can only assume I didn't tighten the cap?

Some questions:
  • Is the oil cap falling off common?
  • Looking on ebay didn't appear the 435 cap should fit a 455
  • How many cap flavors are there?
The spot I last cut is less than a mile from my house, so I'll hike up there tomorrow to see if I can find the critter. If not its ebay or the local dealer.

Thanks for looking.

Saw wouldn't cut, went to put on a sharp chain and noticed no oil cap, hence no bar oil. From a past experience dry chains won't cut. Had my 435 with me, its oil cap fit so drained the oil from the 435 to the 455. Cut fine once the bar and chain got some oil. I can only assume I didn't tighten the cap?

Some questions:
  • Is the oil cap falling off common?
  • Looking on ebay didn't appear the 435 cap should fit a 455
  • How many cap flavors are there?
The spot I last cut is less than a mile from my house, so I'll hike up there tomorrow to see if I can find the critter. If not its ebay or the local dealer.

Thanks for looking.
Damn oil would go missing on my 028. I put one of those cap-catchers on and cut my losses by 50%. Means it takes twice as long to lose. I always keep a couple in my pocket. I think it's a guy thing

Damn oil would go missing on my 028. I put one of those cap-catchers on and cut my losses by 50%. Means it takes twice as long to lose. I always keep a couple in my pocket. I think it's a guy thing

I can understand how it could happen with a husky -you might forget to replace the cap because you're anxious to cut wood with a good saw. Don't get how it could happen with a stihl. :)

Husqvarna has a small and large cap. Oh, yes and flippy caps. If you are not in a big hurry, pm me your address and I can send the size you need or one of each. I do not have any spare flippies. No cost to you.

I can understand how it could happen with a husky -you might forget to replace the cap because you're anxious to cut wood with a good saw. Don't get how it could happen with a stihl. :)
I own a couple huskys and with them im always chomping at the bit to pull and pull on the rope while all the fun wood is getting eaten up by anything BUT a husky

Husky caps are not prone to be lost, so I assume it may be a mistake on your end.
Now if your saw were to be a Stihl with the infamous flippy cap, you'd join the club of the million Stihl sawyer users club to get blessed with an oil soaked pair of trousers.

The Stihl flippy cap is likely responsible for more oil and gas spill in nature than the Exxon Valdez.

Latest posts

Back