Oil furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any preventive maintenance for an oil burner. I know change the filter but does anyone pull the nozzle and clean it? Things like that. My wood furnace heats the house but my oil burner does my hot water

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nozzles are too small to clean, I've always replaced them. I also vacuum out the door in the combustion chamber. I wish i had the proper tools to check the barametric air damper on the flue. Your boiler should tell you on the name plate what nozzle you need.

You could try cleaning them . If you had an ultrasonic cleaner I would give them a dip. Give them a soak and spray with carb cleaner might help them out too. I've never tried it.

Ok thanks for all the input. Just wanted to make sure I didn't look over anything

My grandparents had an oil furnace. I can still remember the smell when that thing fired up. Brings back some fond memories.

Smells a lot like a diesel tractor. I burn fuel oil for heat before the stove gets put into service. I also turn on the boiler when we leave for the weekend in the winter.

If it smells like a tractor in your house something isn't right for sure! My Parents Got Rid Of A 1960s model Because Once In A While It Would Do that.

Sorry, phone is being stupid!

Never smelled that either. Oil heat is very common in northern Maine.

The Toyo stove on the rental uses oil, I'm not convinced it's working right, thing "rolls coal" at times. The Toyo "Dr" checked it all out too.
Well #2 oil is diesel fuel so if you've smelled any diesel engine then you know.

Too rich if it's smoking and sooting (rolling coal). Fire your furnace man and get someone better.

This is one I will have to look for. Everything else i know what it is, not sure where the strainer would be

there is a felt filter inline between the tank and furnace , replace it also . The pump strainer is in the little pump at the end your fuel feed line where it goes into the gun . Make sure you bleed the line after replacing the felt filter in the canister . There might be a video on you tube ? IDK

Yeah im good with that, that ones pretty straight forward with the bleeder nipple

Latest posts

Back