oil worm gear puller tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets deal with one problem at a time here, Andrew you are all over the map.
Is the compression good on your saw ? is your Piston and Cylinder OEM or AfterMarket?
Have you Pressure tested and or Vac tested the assembly yet at all ?
I'm just trying to help point you in a direction, There are a lot of guy's on here a lot smarter then me and all will help you if you start answering some very simple questions, just trying to help that's all

There was an extra adapter on the tested. The compression is officially 95-100. Thats still to low. It should be 130-140. I put a new cheap chinese piston and cylinder in it because someone at the chainsaw shop said it needed one. I didnt think it looked that bad.

Did you get a new impulse grommet and boot which they call impulse pipe and induction pipe?

And did the carb screws tighten correctly into the white plastic bulkhead?...even being careful to line up with the old scfew threads in the plastic it is easy to go just a little too tight and have a leak between carb and bulkhead.

Willing to bet one or more of these issues is your air leak.

If you can post some pictures and show between the bulkhead and cylinder it might help.

The impulse grommets like to deform used and can either block the tube or fold over ane tear a leak.

The intake pipes just get loose and leak with age after being removed.

I could screw the tester in the last few turns because it hit the piston

On mine the o-ring seal on the compression tester is at the base of what screws in. Unless you screw it in until the o ring seats against the jug, the reading is meaningless.

Back