OIL---you better be sitting down when you read this ! ! At 100$ a barrel you should.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is an astonishing read.Important and verifiable information : About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana .....check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.
"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette . It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if ...THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!

U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:
- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen
- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOw can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help Americabecome independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to.Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!

GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.

USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

so what would we do after 2041? we need to get off of this oil kick. i'm not saying we shouldn't, but we need to understand it will run out.

It really dosent surprise me. I can see very easily the US not wanting to tap into theirs till all the rest in the world is gone. I think its more a strategic thing than any. Gotta have oil to make a military run.........

It would make it hard to get the "green" agenda pushed threw if we were paying less than a buck a gallon.

so what would we do after 2041? we need to get off of this oil kick. i'm not saying we shouldn't, but we need to understand it will run out.

...That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if ...THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!...

It says for 2041 years, not until the year 2041. A rather huge difference, if correct.

The only reason it is that high is because of politicians, they are redistributing our wealth through global warming and many other hoaxs. THey can make our money go any where they want with ignorant laws. The best part is many people fail to realize it and continually electing these people. Even better than that is people believe these hoaxs.

You haven't been able to get a motel room in western N Dakota for the past couple of years because of the oil workers so I don't think they're sitting on it. There are more new wells in W Nebraska and WY so don't say environmentalists are stifling development. The difference in the oil fields you talk about is the ease (translation: cost) of extraction. Very easy and cheap in the Middle East, not so in the upper midwest of the US. I really question the $16/ bbl. statement. There is obviously a ton of politics involved in the oil industry, but the basic economics usually trump everything else.

You haven't been able to get a motel room in western N Dakota for the past couple of years because of the oil workers so I don't think they're sitting on it. There are more new wells in W Nebraska and WY so don't say environmentalists are stifling development. The difference in the oil fields you talk about is the ease (translation: cost) of extraction. Very easy and cheap in the Middle East, not so in the upper midwest of the US. I really question the $16/ bbl. statement. There is obviously a ton of politics involved in the oil industry, but the basic economics usually trump everything else.

There is no basic economics, you are not dealing with a normal economy, you are dealing with a very heavily government regulated economy and even more so in the oil field industry. There are very few places if anywhere in America where it is easy to drill for oil.

Its funny we haven't run out yet.

I remember in the second grade hearing that we would be out of oil in 10 years. Lets see, that was 30 years ago?

The easy oil is gone. by easy, I mean the oil that can be drilled with 20's technology. Then again, the oil fields in PA that seeped to the surface are gone too. so no more just pumping it out of pools. The low hanging fruit is gone, Oh well, time to climb get a ladder and climb the tree now.
Ive been in the oil industry about 10 years now, there is a lot of oil out there, There is a lot of oil out there that was technically undrillable 10 or 20 years ago. guess what, technology has changed. Undrillable is becoming drillable. We are doing it safer, faster, and more economical with every well.
$100/bbl oil means the oil companies will drill more and use more 3rd party services to make it safer and go after the harder to reach oil.

I will leave with this thought. the oil reserves that we have already drilled, companies are going back into mature fields that were "played out" 50 years ago, they are getting more oil. Oil isn't something that formed millions of years ago and stopped. its an on going process of geology. Its not a fast process, but with technology, they mature fields are still producing. We are back drilling in PA.

I remember in the second grade hearing that we would be out of oil in 10 years. Lets see, that was 30 years ago?

The easy oil is gone. by easy, I mean the oil that can be drilled with 20's technology. Then again, the oil fields in PA that seeped to the surface are gone too. so no more just pumping it out of pools. The low hanging fruit is gone, Oh well, time to climb get a ladder and climb the tree now.
Ive been in the oil industry about 10 years now, there is a lot of oil out there, There is a lot of oil out there that was technically undrillable 10 or 20 years ago. guess what, technology has changed. Undrillable is becoming drillable. We are doing it safer, faster, and more economical with every well.
$100/bbl oil means the oil companies will drill more and use more 3rd party services to make it safer and go after the harder to reach oil.

I will leave with this thought. the oil reserves that we have already drilled, companies are going back into mature fields that were "played out" 50 years ago, they are getting more oil. Oil isn't something that formed millions of years ago and stopped. its an on going process of geology. Its not a fast process, but with technology, they mature fields are still producing. We are back drilling in PA.

I am in the same industry and we are still pumping and I am from OK and it is funny that sometimes after they quit pumping for awhile it comes back in the same fields. There is not a person out there that can explain this because they don't know what makes oil and why we are still finding it. It obviously is not going to be puddling anymore because we use more than in them times.

I like how scientist definitively tell us something then in a few years they are wrong and back tracking what they said previously.

This is the least of our problems now though.

There is no basic economics, you are not dealing with a normal economy, you are dealing with a very heavily government regulated economy and even more so in the oil field industry. There are very few places if anywhere in America where it is easy to drill for oil.

You gott admit though after what happened in the Gulf, they do need to be regulated. That was nothing more than greed causing that mess.....

You gott admit though after what happened in the Gulf, they do need to be regulated. That was nothing more than greed causing that mess.....

thats BP...
How many refineries have they blown up?
How many fires and releases in refineries have they had?
BP specifically has a horrific track record.

Even if we were to drill it, you/we will never ever see $1 a gallon gas......BIG money and politicians with their hands out will never allow it to happen. How will Exxon make another 53% higher profit PER QUARTER at those prices. Besides we are used to and put up with paying upwards of $3 a gallon now. The only hope we have with drilling our own domestic oil is maybe....just maybe....at best some of the profits "stay" here in the US as jobs for Americans......but somehow I am skeptical of that....

it aint about how much oil is in the ground as much as WHATS IT COSTS TO DRILL & PUMP FROM THAT DEEP!

I don't think so, the gulf was a staged event. I don't think regulation stopped that anyways because it was already there.

Everyone should not be punished for anothers ignorance.

Back