Oiler question on MS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
When I went to adjust the oiler I noticed that it only had a 1/4 turn from wide open to closed. Is this normal?

When it is all the way closed my screwdriver lines up with the E between the two marks on the case. Should there be any adjustment farther counter clockwise?

Thanks

Scott

So should it be more than a quarter turn from open to closed?

If so what would be causing it to only turn 1/4 turn?

So I got the adjusting screw to turn and now it just keeps turning and can't get it to hit a stop on either high or low side.

Is this normal, and do I just line up the slot on the oiler with the marks on the case?

Thanks Again

Scott

So I got the adjusting screw to turn and now it just keeps turning and can't get it to hit a stop on either high or low side.

Is this normal, and do I just line up the slot on the oiler with the marks on the case?

Thanks Again

Scott

better wait for lakeside or thall on this one.
you may have a problem.

Thanks Again

Scott

for some reason this doesn't sound good to me

It only has a very small adjustment range... - not much more than the 1/4 you found.

You've now busted the stops off the casing... that's expensive...

Casing meaning crank case? Or oil pump casing?

How the heck could I break it using a daymn carb adjusting screwdriver?

If you are talking about the oil pump would it be PN 11286403206 and if so how much for a new one?

What would it hurt to run it like it is? The screw doesn't move that easy.

Casing meaning crank case? Or oil pump casing?

How the heck could I break it using a daymn carb adjusting screwdriver?

If you are talking about the oil pump would it be PN 11286403206 and if so how much for a new one?

What would it hurt to run it like it is? The screw doesn't move that easy.

The pump casing.... Pretty hard to break it with a carb screwdriver... You can break them with the scrench (if you're brual).

You can run it like it is - just hard to find the max flow position.

If you're going to replace it, upgrade to the high output oil pump. 1128 640 3250 - $86 - $4 more than the std pump.

Is there a HD oil pump for the MS360 Pro? I think my pump is going out, barely any oil coming out no matter where the adjustment is. I checked the pick up and us the compressor to try to blow any blockage out.

Is there a HD oil pump for the MS360 Pro? I think my pump is going out, barely any oil coming out no matter where the adjustment is. I checked the pick up and us the compressor to try to blow any blockage out.

No.

On the 036/360... the most common problem is the hose from the pump to the outlet is broken, cut (eccentric clutch drum) or burned... (clutch dragging)

Don't use fuel hose -there is a specific hose available.

Other than that - the worm or the drive arm- bad clutch drum/bearing starts most of these problems.

Can you just replace the .8 bolt with the 1.1 bolt in the pump intead of buying the entire pump.?

Is it hard to replace the oil pump?

Anyone out there that has put the HO oiler on and has the stock one they want to get rid of let me know.

Thanks

Scott

Latest posts

Back