OK Aggie, here's the 9010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Zopi, Isabelle was a witch. I live on the Chesapeake and my whole town flooded., me included. Trees down everywhere. A friend who lives in Toano said he had about 100 trees down on a 20 acre farm.

yah..it was rough..I have alot of friends who live up around gloucester..flooded out...almost 100% of the firewood in my back yard is isabelle blowdowns..couple of old leaners..etc..there are still some pines down out back that the previous denizens never cleaned up..

as bad as she was here..you shoulda seen her at sea..the storm approaching
from ten miles away 100 miles out in the atlantic was truly a sight to see..i've been through some nasty crap in the far north atlantic..but nothing like that monster...sure would have hated to see Katrina at sea...

i've been through Toano..several time...Croaker and Norge always crack me up...

peter nap

peter nap

ArboristSite Member
That was a storm to remember. My wife and I are storm spotters for the National Weather Service and I got the bright idea of going to the beach and riding it inland.

We waited for it to hit on the wooden pier at Va Beach and then tried to stay ahead of the surge all the way to Hanover. What a night. After it passed we went back to Yorktown.

The whole way it looked like a bomb went off.

Loved it...hope I never go through that again:bowdown: :bowdown:

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Thanks for posting the pics Pete.

. . . . Yes, a front mounted chain adjuster is a PIA when milling.

Not on the BIL mill . . . . :)
attachment.php

Zodiac45

Zodiac45

Paleostoveologist & Sawwhisperer
I guess misery loves company OldSaw. It's a relief to know the experienced folks have the same problem.
Yes the side mounted adjuster is nice. My 6400 has it. In a lot of ways, the 6400 is a better designed saw. Side adjuster, easier to get to the air filter, choke locks the throttle at half way point automatically and it has a compression release.

But the 9010 has a lot more power!:givebeer:

Oh well, I have them both so I guess it works out.

The oak is smallish. about 16" but that's about the largest I run across normally.

I do see big trees once in a while, but someone else always beats me to them.

The Dolmar 6400 is a new generation of saw with the 7300 and 7900. That's why the improvments. The 9010 is the older generation chassis and too date they haven't updated it. Probably don't sell enough of them too justify the R&D yet.

Great pix! :clap:

Latest posts