Ok Craigs list might not be that bad after all, Splitter purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoogie

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Alright, after using my neighbors 35 ton huskee, I thought i'm just gonna build my own there were several minor problems that i came across with the 35 ton. So i thought that for the price of a new one i could build my own for the same price setup the way i wanted it to be without all the faults. But after searchin craigs list for a motor and pump, i ran across this splitter wow like how it was built and talked the guy down a cool grand. the motor on this thing is a beast. 16hp kohler, the pump i'm not quite sure about the cylinder is six inch and the motor with electric start runs just above idle. lol i split a 4x4 and when it snapped it threw the scrap piece six foot...man the power Now the next thing and i'll post pics of that to i'm gonna put a log lift on the side along with a splitter table that can be removed in front of the wedge oh the wedge is 12" forgot to mention. As for the log lift i was looking at the timberwolf design any thoughts or ideas would be helpful so what do you all think about the buy for a grand? Good or bad let me know...Hope the pics work on the first time...:givebeer:

sorry the log lift would be modeled after the split rights click on there banner at the top to have a gander. thanks:givebeer:

A grand for a 35 ton...wow. I paid 600 for a 26 ton with a 6.5 Techumseh, ya done good!

RD

A grand for a 35 ton...wow. I paid 600 for a 26 ton with a 6.5 Techumseh, ya done good!

RD

Not sure what the tonnage is. With a sixteen hp motor with a six inch cyclinder i'm thinkin more in the line of 37 to 45 ton but not quite sure yet, it's a heck of a lot bigger than the 37 ton at the northern site thats for sure...:givebeer:

Wow never seen a splitter with a pintle hitch before :). Looks like a good deal shes a beast!

Nice purchase for a grand.

Splitter tonnage has nothing to do with engine horsepower. Its all about the cylinder size and operating pressure (and a pump capable of running it).

Not sure what the tonnage is.

At 2250psi (where most control valve's relief valve starts dumping to the return) you have a 31 ton splitter. Speeco's "35 ton" is actually 22 tons at that pressure.

Ian

Last edited:
IMO the design of the log lift dont matter , but the cylinder might. I had a boss with a timberwolf TW6, and that log lift was worthless. You had to have one guy on the lever and one or two guys 'help' the log lift for the big ones.

Latest posts

Back