ok got a itch for awhile to try echo 600p or new timberwolf 600 for firewood cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAYBE NOT SURE,I DO SHARPEN MY OWN RSC CHAINS,NOT SURE WHAT NEW CHAIN HE HAD,BUT I DONT BELIEVE EITHER WAY IT WUP ALL OVER THE 361,WHICH IAM NOT SAYING IS A KING OF SAWS OR ANYTHING,JUST MY COMPARISION OF THE 2,ANYWAY WASNT TRYING TO ARGUE THAT POINT,THANKS ANYWAY

MAYBE NOT SURE,I DO SHARPEN MY OWN RSC CHAINS,NOT SURE WHAT NEW CHAIN HE HAD,BUT I DONT BELIEVE EITHER WAY IT WUP ALL OVER THE 361,WHICH IAM NOT SAYING IS A KING OF SAWS OR ANYTHING,JUST MY COMPARISION OF THE 2,ANYWAY WASNT TRYING TO ARGUE THAT POINT,THANKS ANYWAY
Oh, I know... Just found it odd is all...
But back on topic, I have found that the 600P is a virtual match for the 361... Though I think the 361 has more mod potential. Both are similar in size and weight. Both are quad ports. Both are very capable with a 20" bar... Both nice spring anti vibe.
That is to say, I wasn't expecting that much when I got the 600P, but was pleasantly surprised at what it brought to the table...
If that makes sense...

But back on topic, I have found that the 600P is a virtual match for the 361... Though I think the 361 has more mod potential. Both are similar in size and weight. Both are quad ports. Both are very capable with a 20" bar... Both nice spring anti vibe.
That is to say, I wasn't expecting that much when I got the 600P, but was pleasantly surprised at what it brought to the table...
If that makes sense...
OK,THANKYOU FOR YOUR INSIGHT.......I SHOULD STAY OFF THIS SIGHT AND CUT FIREWOOD,INSTEAD OF THINKING OF THESE DAG-ON CHAINSAWS,HECK WHAT I GOT GETS THE JOB DONE-----BUT ALWAYS WANTING MORE SAWS C.A.D

If that makes sense...
The timber wolf is quite a bit cheaper than a 361 or 363 though! My cousin Is in the market for a new saw. Isn't scared of weight because he wants one for bucking. Doesn't want to spend a lot so he's considering the husky rancher. I wonder if the echo timber wolf might be the better saw for the money?

The timber wolf is quite a bit cheaper than a 361 or 363 though! My cousin Is in the market for a new saw. Isn't scared of weight because he wants one for bucking. Doesn't want to spend a lot so he's considering the husky rancher. I wonder if the echo timber wolf might be the better saw for the money?
Better than the Rancher?
I'd say yes, it probably is..
And super simple design to work on..

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what is the difference between the Timberwolf 590 (MSRP $399) and the 600p (MSRP $569)? Both are 59.8cc saws with 20" bars.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what is the difference between the Timberwolf 590 (MSRP $399) and the 600p (MSRP $569)? Both are 59.8cc saws with 20" bars.

There's three with the same basic engine, but some differences. 590 and 600 is outboard vs inboard clutch, laminated fixed bar instead of replaceable sprocket nose, spur drive instead of rim drive, plastic handle not metal. 620 has all the good stuff plus redesigned ignition and better (ported better) piston/cylinder setup. (more power, easier starting, better mileage, etc)

Wood in the truck at the end of the day..not much difference I bet.

There's three with the same basic engine, but some differences. 590 and 600 is outboard vs inboard clutch, laminated fixed bar instead of replaceable sprocket nose, spur drive instead of rim drive, plastic handle not metal. 620 has all the good stuff plus redesigned ignition and better (ported better) piston/cylinder setup. (more power, easier starting, better mileage, etc)

Thanks for the info. My cousin is a hands-on type engineer and I think he'd like the simpler the better for his use. Just a couple cords a year if that. And to clarify, I meant "ms 361 or ms 362" in the earlier post.I dont think there's a 363 yet but i do TRY to stay out of the chainsaw forum for bank account preservation! And it's a double win if I can talk my cousin into the timberwolf. I'd like to try one out!

I'm pretty sure both are inboard clutches. The cylinder was updated from the first gen 600 to the second gen. The 590 got the 1st gen 600 jug. The new 600 jug is the sane as the 620. The 620 upgrade is the mag clutch cover, new bigger spikes, and wrap handle option.

Btw, I was out cutting with my 600 today and was reminded what a great saw it is. Had the 18" bar buried in ash and it was pouring the chips out like a blizzard. Great torque and throttle response on that thing, nice exhaust note as well.

I'm pretty sure both are inboard clutches. The cylinder was updated from the first gen 600 to the second gen. The 590 got the 1st gen 600 jug. The new 600 jug is the sane as the 620. The 620 upgrade is the mag clutch cover, new bigger spikes, and wrap handle option.

The 600 and the 620 have different cylinders. The only thing that's similar is the displacement.

By part number there isn't a single major component shared between the 590, 600, 620. Crank, crank case, cylinder are all different. Looked them up trying to figure out what the difference was a few months ago. Echo claims 20 percent increase in power from the 600 to the 620 but I haven't seen actual horsepower numbers. Fair comparison is the 620 to a 362 and echo wins that one with $40 cheaper with the added feature of roller chain catch and 3/4 wrap handle for $679 versus $719

I own a 600P and I love it. However, I was helping a guy cut up a tree and he had a 361 and it seemed to outrun mine. Mine bogged a few times and I never heard his bog down once. Now, I didn't run his saw so I can't really compare them. His just seemed to make quicker work of things.

Back