Ok so I camo'd a 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!

Needs a base coat of florescent orange though. I still think I'd lose that one unless I left it running every time I set it down next to a tree. :p

Needs a base coat of florescent orange though. I still think I'd lose that one unless I left it running every time I set it down next to a tree. :p

I had this MS170 done a few days ago just for novelty to see how it would turn out. I was going to post it up after putting it back together, but I just stumbled on this thread, so I figured it was a good time now. The original pattern had orange and yellow with the base spray coat as the yellow, so I had them spray it fluorescent orange as the base instead of the yellow. I wanted a neat pattern, but also something that's very visible and kept with orange since this one is a Stihl. I know the carbon fiber print on the bar won't last long, but again, this was just for novelty, I doubt it'll ever be run. I need to get some different photos - it's a lot brighter than it looks.

I've got a set of MS460 plastics there now and I'm having them keep the yellow to see how it turns out.

IMG_3154[1].JPG IMG_3155[1].JPG IMG_3156[1].JPG IMG_3157[1].JPG

That looks really nice. Anybody can do this and I encourage y'all to try it. The hardest part is cleaning and prepping it. If someone wants to try it I'll be more than happy to help you through the process and give pointers. Super easy to do and makes a horrible looking saw into a good looking saw quick.

The XPX emblem I made from aluminum and epoxied it on. You can't get those Xp stickers from husky evidentally so I was gonna make my own. I figured while I'm at it I'd give it a personal touch. I was gonna do xXx because this saw is going to be nasty but decided against it lol. XPX sounds good.

Back