Okay, I feel like I've been beaten with a stick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsaw

"Been There, Milled That"
Reaction score
Went at a 38" red oak log 10 feet long. Mid 90s today. Got about 2/3 of it done, but ran out of chains. One of those labor for boards things, but we were pretty well done in. Next Saturday we'll try to finish it up. The next log isn't very pretty, so it will be interesting.

Pics next time. I was too busy today directing traffic.

Mark

Went at a 38" red oak log 10 feet long. Mid 90s today. Got about 2/3 of it done, but ran out of chains. One of those labor for boards things, but we were pretty well done in. Next Saturday we'll try to finish it up. The next log isn't very pretty, so it will be interesting.

Pics next time. I was too busy today directing traffic.

Mark

Im looking forward to seeing your pictures Mark. Its been a while since Ive had the opportunity to mill anything as well.

Beaten with a stick? :hmm3grin2orange:
I know how that feels, but since I try to maintain a "tough guy" persona I just say; Whew, moma ain't gonna have to rock me to sleep tonight. :cheers:

Andy

Nice pics I was really impressed , especially the one with the stick . Cheers MM:greenchainsaw:

Any day now, a n y d a y. :greenchainsaw:

I got some red oak to mill soon as I find some time. Once the heat comes in the lawns should dry up a bit. Hopefully gonna use the wood to build another wood shed.

Any day now, a n y d a y. :greenchainsaw:

I got some red oak to mill soon as I find some time. Once the heat comes in the lawns should dry up a bit. Hopefully gonna use the wood to build another wood shed.

This was supposed to be a white, but it was a red. Got some chains to get sharpened before Saturday. Hope the weather agrees.

Yeah this is on some real soft ground, kind of a PIA, but the shade was nice.

Mark

This was supposed to be a white, but it was a red. Got some chains to get sharpened before Saturday. Hope the weather agrees.

Yeah this is on some real soft ground, kind of a PIA, but the shade was nice.

Mark

Mark are you filing or grinding? What grinder do you use?

Latest posts

Back