Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 folks so far sounds good! :rock:There will probably be a few others from the local community who are not part of AS. :clap:
But then we will be spread out: some will be cutting, some hauling to the splitters, others splitting with helpers loading the splits on to the trailers, the drivers & unloaders, ... Lots of team work & opportunities to rotate jobs for variety & to be able to visit with different folks through out the day, well probably not while running a saw, my hearing isn't that good. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to another great day! :chainsaw::chop::popcorn: well, not to much watching, maybe?

14 folks so far sounds good! :rock:There will probably be a few others from the local community who are not part of AS. :clap:
But then we will be spread out: some will be cutting, some hauling to the splitters, others splitting with helpers loading the splits on to the trailers, the drivers & unloaders, ... Lots of team work & opportunities to rotate jobs for variety & to be able to visit with different folks through out the day, well probably not while running a saw, my hearing isn't that good. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to another great day! :chainsaw::chop::popcorn: well, not to much watching, maybe?
Yep, that's pretty much the plan, we should have a lot of wood to get moved out of there. I'm hoping this works out great so we can continue to use the facility in the future. I can't think of a better use of wood than to supply it to the less fortunate. Sure beats grinding it up into chips.

Yep, that's pretty much the plan, we should have a lot of wood to get moved out of there. I'm hoping this works out great so we can continue to use the facility in the future. I can't think of a better use of wood than to supply it to the less fortunate. Sure beats grinding it up into chips.
Sure does...
Wish I had the dump truck project done...:dizzy:

The county is supposed to be starting on cutting trees today. I didn't know if they were moving anything yet to the recycling center or not. So, curiosity got the better of me, and I drove over there after I got off work this evening. Lo and behold there were logs on the ground!!!! Looked like about 1 dump truck load so far. He anticipated it taking a couple of weeks to get the job done. At this rate there will be a large pile of logs by the time we get there. Can't wait to get after it. Arraignments have been made for lunch, too. The same Chef will be making chili again as the first charity cut. With local volunteers I anticipate about 25 altogether.
Thanks guys, all your help is greatly appreciated.
Steve

Grandkids introduced me to a new strain of virus over Christmas. Bless their hearts, I've been sick five days now.

Have not touched a saw since the Wards 4.0 arrived from Cobey.
that's the worst thing about grandkids. they get it from nursery, preschool, kindergarten, etc and bring it home. too many richard craniums send their kids off sick cause they can't afford to miss work. wonder how that works out when they get sick?
much of my family's got the flu. i don't.
reckon it was the flu shot i got? really don't care why, just glad i don't have it.
tell me you're over the worst after five days of it. please. get well soon.

We just had a round of that stuff pass through my work. One guy took his kid to the doctors: Influenza "A". Everybody caught it, some worse than others. We all kept working. I had a few coughs for about a week.

I think it is a good thing to catch these bugs. It keeps your immune system at work doing what it should be: defeating pathogens. So many of our health problems are autoimmune diseases, which is where your immune system attacks yourself. The medical folks are even discovering that some health issues are resolved or prevented by exposing people to outside pathogens.

Myself, I don't mind catching the occasional flu. I bounce back better than everyone else, and I figure that when the killer flu comes through, knocking off all the weaker folks...I won't be one of them. But then again, I might be wrong.

Workshop, we have a volunteer to bring a tractor with forks & grapple to move logs closer to the splitters so it will not be as far for the rounds to be toted. Before you mentioned having a volunteer with a skid loader, is it going to be there? Would the tractor be helpful?

Hey everybody, Charity Cut III coming up January 11th. I really hope it doesn't snow!
The list so far;
[members listed]...

I'll send out directions Monday.
Steve

It is unlikely that I would be able to make it, but it sounds like fun. Distance would be a problem if it is too far. What part of the Ozarks are you guys talking about?

From what I can see, we can back the splitters right up to the wood pile. I'll see about getting a closer look and discuss it with Ed. Probably know something by Thursday.

What I'm thinking is splitters backed up to the wood pile, within a safe distance of course. Then trailers backed up to splitters, within easy tossing distance. With a skid steer we could space out a little further from the woodpile to the splitters. I have a contact with a skid steer I'll get hold of. Provided the recycling center will allow it. Lots of things to check into.

It is unlikely that I would be able to make it, but it sounds like fun. Distance would be a problem if it is too far. What part of the Ozarks are you guys talking about?
It ain't that far from KC...
Much closer than Jasper...
Google ozark, MO..

Latest posts

Back